Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowhead down, but ok

Poster: A snowHead
Some of you will remember "CaistorSkier" (Judith), the tiny lady in her 70s who came on the 2007 EoSB but is not confident to post on here. She is still skiing regularly and with Easiski's help has refined her "old-school" style to one which lets the skis do the work, thus enabling her to ski more comfortably and hopefully for more years than the previous style would have allowed.

Last week she went to AdH with family. On the Thursday she was taken out on a slope and knocked out cold. The young man who collided with her and landed on top of her was devastated and did his best to look after her/get help. Her family were on the same slope but skiing at different rates and nobody saw the incident. She herself has (fortunately I think) no memory of it. She was taken to Grenoble hospital where a scan revealed a small bleed (they reckon her helmet saved her life). They kept her in and re-scanned on Monday, finally giving her the all clear to fly home today. Easiski managed to get down to visit as the family had to return home as planned at the end of their week and reports that as of yesterday she seems herself, though shaken up and bruised. She was however talking about our trip in March which is great - I feared she might pull out.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Butterfly, looks as though she is a game soul. Sad that someone hit her - but at least he did the decent thing afterwards. I hope she enjoys her skiing in March.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 9-02-11 20:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Butterfly, best wishes to CaistorSkier and her family, it could have been a whole lot worse.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Butterfly, Please send Judith regards and best wishes from another 2007 EoSB veteran (me) Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Butterfly, What a girl!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly, what a shame - but she sounds as though she is taking it in her stride. Good for her. snowHead Please send best snowheads wishes to her.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Butterfly, and all the best to Judith from me - we were on the Fast & Easy camp together. Hope she makes the march trip; it would be a great shame to end her skiing career this way
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Butterfly, That's the spirit Very Happy I won't ever be tiny but I hope I am still skiing at 70+ and plucky with it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The older generation are made of sterner stuff. Hope she gets well soon.

This reminded me of a time back in the late 80's, when a pal and me shared a chalet with a party of 'Senior Citizen' skiers. One of the elderly gentleman, still skied in leather lace up boots, moleskin trousers and thick jumper.

Anyway...He went off skiing on his own, not to return that night. All hell broke loose. All his friends were crying, thinking the worst had happened. Police and patrol out looking for him, Chalet hosts like headless chickens...you can imagine.

Early morning next day, in he strolls...looking bemused at all the fuss.

He'd got tired on the mountain, missed the lifts down, and decided to dig a snow hole with his ski's. He learn't this in the Army apparantly. He spent the night in the snow hole, then skied down at first sunlight.

What amazed me was, he had a hot shower, ate some breakfast, changed clothing, lit a pipe and went out again for a full days skiing.

I'll always remember that guy...A legend. And the look on the Chalet hosts face when he walked in. Exclaiming...'Where have you been Mr Pickles'...

Like i said, built of sterner stuff, the older generation. Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spud, what a fantastic story. snowHead You're right, we're all wimps these days. I blame central heating.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, oh how my parents would agree with you! My mum used to fret if I spent too long in my friend's 'centrally heated' house. I, on the other hand, would plan to spend too long in said house. It was quite a treat not to see my breath for a few hours Toofy Grin

Very rarely ill, have to admit. We insisted on central heating once Dad died but really it's only barely on, even when very cold Confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spud, brill
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spud, great story Very Happy
Butterfly, please pass on my best wishes for a swift recovery.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Butterfly, Hugs to Judith from me (for those that don't know I was one of her appt. roomies at the 2007 EoSB). Nasty thing to have happened, glad for her sake that she had abandonned her knitted hat (that I seem to recall) for a helmet in this event. I hope that she does have the bravery to ski again - somehow she seems the type that might IIRC she struck me as being made from stern stuff. I'm sure you will look after her in March - is it one of your C2C trips - if so I'm sure that might help in that respect. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Judith. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Can I add a word of sympathy for the guy who caused the accident since (by the comments above) he seemed contrite and was concerned for CaistorSkier - not all perpetrators are reckless and uncaring eh wink
ski holidays
I would like to say to the guy who colided with caistorskier,thank you for not being an back bottom and staying and helping there are alot of stories of people skiing off but not of the people who stay and face the problem head on and deal with the situation in the way you have.You never know when its your turn treat people how you would want to be treated yourself,Karma my friend. wink
snow conditions
Thanks all - I will pass on the good wishes when I next see her. I understand she was to be repatriated yesterday by her insurers to her daughter's where she left her car. Very wisely the intention is a few days of rest there before driving back home.
snow report
Best wishes to CaistorSkier for a full recovery.
snow conditions
spud, superb.

Butterfly, hope the lady made a full recovery. It's also heartening that the guy who was involved did the right thing.
snow report
Oh, poor Judith, what a horrid experience for her. I watched her improve hugely on the Fast and Easy camp so I hope this doesn't knock her confidence too much. Very best wishes to her from me too and long may she carry on skiing.
snow report
Best wishes to CaistorSkier for a quick recovery. But I can't help laughing at the camp title,
Quote:
Fast and Easy

RachelQ, and are you? Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
maggi, you know me! wink
ski holidays
maggi wrote:
RachelQ, and are you? Shocked Laughing

Absolutely wink

Get well soon Judith Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy