Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

never try a new drill on a cat track

Poster: A snowHead
especially when wearing a ski school uniform as one of my fellow professionals found out last week. Laughing

tripped over on a blue run and we had to fish him out of the tuna nets (not before a few photos were taken Toofy Grin )

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, Laughing camera first then a helping hand wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brilliant. Some nice looking Atomic GS (?) planks there to compound the embarrassment.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Poor sod Laughing . It always amazes me that those nets hold - mind you I'm glad they seem to. I recall riding the big cable car to the top of a VT peak once and we saw someone that had come to grief over the edge of a red run with a somewhat sheer looking drop below him. I think the lift attendant called to get them some assistance, but I sure didn't envy their position with just the net between them and oblivion!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lol... reminds me of when I saw "a man in red" fall over on a Piste..... pretty impressive as he managed to get back up and dust himself off before his class saw him..... later that day he saw me and flagged me down and made me an offer "If I told noone then he'd give me a free 121 hour!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nets are for wimps - real men ski into wooden fences Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
my 5 year old nephew mowed down a "man in red" once, as he was standing in front of a line of suitably impressed and well behaved pupils. My sister skied in the other direction and pretending she didn't know him (the 5 year old, that is).

I did once see a whole little gaggle of men in red, on Mont Chery in Les Gets, laugh fit to bust at one of their number who had been collecting slalom poles and skiing down with them, in the nonchalant way they have. But he tripped and fell with the lot - it was like the beginning of a game of Pik a Stiks.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was in a group in Chamonix following a very experienced mountain guide who fell. Very funny.

Especially as it was just a warm-up run on a blue piste in La Tour.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a private lesson with a high profile verbier based coach a few years back. We headed straight up to the top of Mont Fort on to skier's right. He missed his first turn and did half the slope on his butt. It doesn't matter how good a skier you are, you still look a pecker when you fall and are flailing around helplessly trying to stop. I skied down to him to see if he was ok. I still can't believe I never hammered him about it he caught me on a good day!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, seams like this thread is turning into "I saw an instructor fall over" thread

I have of course have never seen R or S fall over, can I claim my free lesson wink wink wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've fallen over once in front of clients (and livetoski IIRC). There was also a BASI course running at the same time so a couple of Trainers saw it as well.. If you're going to do it, do it properly is my motto Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
I've fallen over once in front of clients (and livetoski IIRC). There was also a BASI course running at the same time so a couple of Trainers saw it as well.. If you're going to do it, do it properly is my motto Embarassed

rob@rar Nice one!!

Isn't there something about buying a round of drinks for the other instructors Rob (or is it only the 'thing' in Austria)? Surely PSG enforces that one at Hemel given his ancestry wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My most embarassing fall ever was in instructor uniform in St Anton. I was jsut having a run to myself after finishing work for the day, and hit a very small jump that I'd been taking my kids group over all day. In front of a pretty big group I managed to get my weight too far forwards, ski tips dug in the snow and I supermaned out the bindings to land belly first on hard ice winding myself. Thinking I must have injured myself, about 10 people hurried over to make sure I was OK and help me up Embarassed Embarassed

Only time I've fallen over whilst teaching was when a boarder slammed into the back of me whilst I was getting my group into the lift que. He was very apologetic when he noticed the uniform lol.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last time I worked in Tyrol:

Ski school tarif was as follows:

Bottle of red for falling on hard snow. (No class but in uniform)
Bottle of white in soft snow. (No class but in uniform)
10 Euro's for the kitty if falling in front of a client.
100 Euros for the kitty for being late meeting class or client.

Team members, lifties and other hill staff were fair witnesses Sad

All penalties went towards the end of season party. Very Happy

Incidentally, got caught out on a track having slowed to check the group. hardly moving at all when that damn marmot knocked me over. snowHead

Total monetary cost for season: 10 Euros. Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
most of my falls at Hemel have involved skiing backwards through the GO SLOW sign Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
A couple of weeks ago in Avoriaz, I witnessed the Ski Club of GB rep try to take a short cut to one of the bars and hadn't spotted that there was no snow cover - sudden grind to a halt - look of realisation - and then head over heels front flip before crashing a few feet below.

I don't know the guy's name but he was skiing with a female rep. Until I realised it was a SCGB rep, I was trying so hard to suffocate my guffaws into my neck buff but let rip as soon as I saw the jacket!
snow report
curry-queen, Laughing So good to know you can rely on SCGB guides to be really well up on the local conditions.
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
most of my falls at Hemel have involved skiing backwards through the GO SLOW sign Embarassed Embarassed

You've learned the hard way to keep off the moguls? Wink
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob, that particular tumble was a non teaching racing incident snowHead (and the knee still hurts Crying or Very sad )
latest report
pam w, Quite! He even had his shovel and probe attached to the back of his rucksack!
snow report
skimottaret, Saw a classic today in Courmayeur - Interski instructor comes barreling through the (empty) lift line at Pra Neyron, just manages to squeeze through the gates as they shut, then lost it onto the moving carpet... He took the round of applause from my clients very well... Very Happy
ski holidays
offpisteskiing, that... i'd have liked to see Laughing
latest report
offpisteskiing, the standard of skiing of the Interski instructors seemed quite "variable" some quite handy with L4 tech passes and a few very average skiers...
ski holidays
year before last in rosiere

instructor with a bunch of kids , who i passed were all a bit upset because they were falling ( first week very young kids - so they were all falling over Except the instructor)

30 seconds later instructor passses and does a very contrived & controlled fall, gets up and skis down a bit more, only to repeat the performance a bit further down
kids all start to follow ( a lot happer now ) - as i passed him i congratulated him on his Noble performance for the kids as it showed them that everyone falls sometime
it was then he admitted that he only planned to fall once !!
latest report
Out with a Scottish instructor at Keystone a few weeks ago, I was thinking how well he was skiing the fresh powder on his short & narrow SL skis just before he buried both tips into a snow drift and double ejected into a face plant.
ski holidays
MEfree30, As long as he was not part of the attempt to have the most kilts skiing at one time, it was not as bad as it could have been...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy