Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Review - Fishcher RC4 WORLDCUP RC C-LINE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Conditions blue sky, empty pistes in great condition, with hard-pack and a little ice lower down the mountain.

Ski - Fishcher RC4 WORLDCUP RC C-LINE (180cms)
Turn Radius 17m
116 - 71 - 100

http://www.fischerskis.com/en/products_ski.php5?parent=60260

Normal Ski - Scott Mission (183cms)

About me, male, 1.85m and 80kgs, my ski level not bad, 20 years skiing with most of the last 5 years off piste.

In Davos last weekend skiing with a friend who lives in Zurich, didn't bother taking my skis as fancied trying something a bit different. Was recommended the Fishchers by my mate who brought a pair after trying out about 12 different skis.

First impressions, wow I’m going to have to buy a pair of these or something similar. Having owned various freeride skis for the last ten years or so I was quite happy skiing on piste with them....not any more, any one who tells you mid-fat or fat skis are good on piste is talking out of their backside. Compared to the Fishchers they are not even in the same room, it would be like taking the RC4's into 2 foot of powder. For sure I could ski the powder on them but that does not make them a good powder ski.

Any way a little more detail about the ski, firstly loved the graphics they look fast, which is always good. once you start skiing you notice how planted they feel, not once did I notice the slightest bit of chatter at high speed, at the same time they felt really light on my feet, no idea what the actual weight is so this could have been a perception thing. Compared to a freeride ski these really carve with no effort, according to Fishchers webiste they are a level 8-10 ski but not once did I feel you needed to muscle them, very easy to ski.

After a couple of runs to a get feel for them I started to really push the skis, could not believe how easy you can hammer through a turn, I remember quickly looking down at the skis during one turn and was shocked at the angle the skis where cranked over at, for half a second I was Bodie Miller Smile. Not once did the skis ever skid out on a turn unless I wanted them to, they are amazingly responsive and track to use a cliche like "they are on rails."

These skis are at their best in sweeping GS type turns, and get better the harder and faster you ski. In short radius swinging turns they are still very good and don't feel like they have a 17m radius. They blast through moguls with no effort, and I found that little or no checking was needed on the back side of the moguls, you simply point them down the fall line and blast through the valleys.

In summary unless I plan to be off piste for the whole trip, I am going to either have to hire a pair of these, or more likely buy a pair along with a bigger ski bag. Going back to piste skiing with the Missions just wouldn't feel right.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These look like the on piste skis for me. I've been on Scott Punishers for the last two years and although they are great in most conditions I just feel that on hard packed pistes going full tilt they just don't cut it so I'm replacing them with a set of carvers and some fat skis. It's good to hear your opinion because a lot of people on here have been banging on about S7's and how good they are on piste. I'm with you though that a freeride ski will never match the performance of a dedicated carver on piste. Great review it's really helped me and convinced me I am making the right decision.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy