Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Fermes de St. Sorlin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any one been here ?

WE are possibly looking to go out there 26th March, its quite late if any body with any knowledge of the area could let us know if it is usually still ok there this late?

thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bigtoe, I've been to St Sorlin, trip report here. Le Fermes was opposite where I stayed a bit of a trek to the main part of the resort, uphill back, there are buses though. Supermarket, ski shop and a couple of restaurants and bars nearby though.

Edited as it wasn't quite where I thought it was.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 8-02-11 12:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have been to La Toussuire 4 times, which is all linked to St Sorlin in Les Sybelles area. Our last time was March 11th-18th last year and although it was warm we still managed to ski to La Bottierre, which i think from memory is only 1100 M, however it was patchy. However St Sorlin, St Jean D'Arves the skiing was fine. We really like the area, it has not been too spoiled by the Brit Pack, YET!!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went there last year. We went very late (Easter time) - last week of the season. We got lucky and there was great snow on the mountain.

Stayed in the Les Fermes - apartment was small, on two levels, but OK. There was a pool but it was very cold so didn't use it more than once. The pool liner was also badly put in so it felt really odd under foot - not a problem, but it wasn't quite how it looked in the "brochure"!! We kind of imagined lazy evening swims looking out on the mountain but as I say we only used it once (and we like swimming!) Apartments had some arrangement where by you clean everything before the next guests. I'm all for leaving the place as you found it but what was clear is that there were NO contract cleaners, so the apartments are only ever cleaned (toilet, bathroom, bedroom) by the people who stayed there last. Considering this was 4* I was pretty appalled by that. You also had to wait while someone came and checked you had cleaned up which was an odd experience to be told by a teenager that I need to hover under the bed a bit more (bearing in mind I'm mid-40s it felt like role reversal!!)

Resort is quiet but really nice and we would go again although maybe not through a TO and possibly not at the same apartments, although they were adequate I just expected better for the money. But I'm well use to overpriced ski accommodation so enjoyment was not spoiled but where we stayed.

The snow had stayed on main resort but on the mountain opposite it was green grass/fields. We had really hot weather and enjoyed a dusting of fresh snow in the evenings followed by glorious blue skies most of the week. So great conditions.

We ate in and out - best place by far was Nathe's crepe which we returned to on many evenings. Just a short walk (2 mins) on the left from the apartment.

Skiing was great, lost of varied runs. There was one run (recently made) which on the piste map was a blue but when we got there the piste markers were actually red and there were warning signs saying for good skiers only. However, it was our only route down (at that time) when we skied it it was clearly more of a black. Talking to a ski instructor in the evening he said that it was the hardest run on the mountain and that it had been created at huge cost and they'd wanted to make it a blue run but the route had been too difficult so it was decided to upgrade to a red, however the locals were viewing it as an extremely difficult black. I think the cost and the outcome had been a major issue as it probably needed to be a blue to ease ski traffic on other parts of the resort.

Bus to the slopes was fine and didn't take too long.

Overall I would say it's worth a trip - it's a bit more "french" than most of the well known resorts. We didn't meet any Brits there at all. Conditions at the moment aren't great in France anyway are they? So I've no idea what 6 more weeks would bring. But like I said, we were there in April 2010 and it was the best resort (snow wise) in the area.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
many thanks Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy