Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Minimums in action

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, well I'm totally undecided where the best place to post these vids is, but seeing as the Minimums are making progress and are now 'diamond' grade skiers (which I think they are rather pleased about) I've ended up here.

There is some footage of them taking the small snow park jumps above LA 1800, some rather distant footage of them skiing the Half Pipe at Plagne Bellcote and we suddenly reminded them that we had seen no practice at 360's on the flat so they knocked some of those off on spec - narrowly avoiding boarders that were using their boards as toboggans.

Minimum_1 is in the red jacket and white helmet combo and always goes first. Minimum_2 is in black helmet and jacket and goes second (but, I think gets more height on the half pipe swings - don't get excited neither takes off). They are preceeded on the half pipe by BMF_skier (black jacket shiney red helmet (Ooo...err...missus!) who was later heard to report that it was 'damn icey' said skiing god can also be spotted in other places as well.

It has to be said that they can all ski better than I can take videos! So here for your enjoyment I give you the Minimums - I hope the links work.

The half pipe:

http://youtube.com/v/cl96U_QxVuQ

360's

http://youtube.com/v/mp7OC8f7LnM

The snow park

http://youtube.com/v/8xxSOh_iNJ8

http://youtube.com/v/6Ve_INuPgbo

http://youtube.com/v/JSgjMBF51I0

N.B. if there is a generally accepted protocol for taking turns in the park could you please enlighten me so I can tell the kids. I would have assumed that there would be a tacitly agreed taking turns protocol, but it would seem not

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 7-02-11 18:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ooo......that's clever - has someone imported the footage for me or does that happen automatically?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum wrote:
Ooo......that's clever - has someone imported the footage for me or does that happen automatically?

automatic, good isn't it! Smile

The taking turns....

generally its all wait while snowboarders are sat across the whole of the start area and then when it looks like you can go and move exactly one inch forward at least 2 will get up, then you stop and wait again while boarder number 1 zig zags down and then falls just before the jump and takes ages to move. Border number 2 then waits and waits till the moment you decide to set off and the you both go together
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
daehwons, Automatic - def. Cool !

Ah....clearly the normal taking turns protocol was being followed then rolling eyes

Incidentally, for anyone interested I took all that footage on my new Canon Ixus 100S my new compact digital 'stills' camera and I am really pleased with the results. It's better I think than my proper video camera though maybe a little less easy to use for videos.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, Not sure about where you are... but at home the 'taking turns' was strictly enforced by the pair of boarders in charge of the park - this meant that the rest learnt to do the same... pushing in usually resulted in a group of snowboarders and park rats chasing said person to the lift giving 'advice' on how to behave next time...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
little tiger, we were in Les Arcs. One morning we were one of the first in park vitually no-one around, the kids were just setting off and two guys on boards zoomed through the gates and straight down the ramps in front of them. Similarly to that video where the kids were waiting for the half-pipe to clear (which seemed to me the safe thing to do) prior to using it and were 'bumped' by the new arrivals. I was surprised, I expected there to be some sort of unwritten etiquette (almost like a 'street law') regarding park behaviour amongst users. It's not hugely important, but if the kids are going to use the park I need to be able to explain to them what is acceptable and what is not.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In the US, at least, it's typical to yell, "Dropping!" before dropping in to a pipe or a park... Don't know how that translates, tho...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy