Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet flight from Innsbruck overweight

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returned on an Easyjet flight from Innsbruck on Saturday evening which was delayed for two hours due to the plane being overweight. Luckily a party of twelve volunteered to get off the plane and stay an extra day whilst the pilot etc were deciding what to do. Apparently the plane was overweight by around 1100 kilos. I'm sure I read somewhere on this forum of a similar instance a few weeks ago with Easyjet or Ryanair? Is this a common problem with low cost carriers only or does it also happen on scheduled carriers as well?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is quite common to be overweight from Innsbruck, performance is very tight for the Airbus at Innsbruck. Sounds like Easyjet don't have a proper Ski weight and offload policy !

Water, food, skis and then Baggage should be offloaded before passengers in other companys, we will even take off one of the cabin crew before offloading passengers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Apparently the plane was overweight by around 1100 kilos.

Quote:

we will even take off one of the cabin crew before offloading passengers

Shocked Shocked Shocked That is one heavy cabin crew member!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2planks,
Quote:

Water, food, skis and then Baggage

But this is EZ so water and food equal sales revenue (and commission for crew?) so I guess the water and food was guranteed to stay on wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why can this never happen to me?! I'd be off the plane like a shot (assuming you get a free flight in the next few days) - legitimate (enough) excuse for missing uni/work too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Monarch didn't weigh our ski bags coming back from Innsbruck this weekend. Just had to take them to the end of the check in desks to bulk baggage to be scanned.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IIRC airlines use actual baggage weight at Innsbruck can't remember about skis etc. maybe the Sleazy pilots had put a bit too much fuel on again ! More than likely is a change of runway in use at Innsbruck as one of the runways is more limiting on what weight you take off with.

Weight's not an issue on the Boeing 757, that thing has got so much power (moral of the story make sure the airline has 757's) Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The people who got off the plane on Saturday were obviously put up in a hotel overnight and had seats reserved for them on a flight the next morning (not sure who the flight was with). They were also going to be compensated £250 each.

I and others on the plane also believed it was down to too much fuel. However before we finally took off, they had to add some more fuel to the plane to top up what was used whilst the plane was sat there for two hours. So I'm not sure about the "too much fuel" scenario.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2planks wrote:
IIRC airlines use actual baggage weight at Innsbruck can't remember about skis etc. maybe the Sleazy pilots had put a bit too much fuel on again ! More than likely is a change of runway in use at Innsbruck as one of the runways is more limiting on what weight you take off with.

Weight's not an issue on the Boeing 757, that thing has got so much power (moral of the story make sure the airline has 757's) Twisted Evil

Hmm. Innsbruck runway length 6560 ft. Altitude 1906 ft. Must admit I am ignorant on what a 757 can do. Wouldn't wanted to have been in a Vulcan taking off from there at full weight, though. Toofy Grin
I did fly out from 9000ft runway at no great altitude - when the gap between V1 and V2 was 0.5 sec. It seemed a very long half second.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tiger2, Not really, they just leave the drunk pilot, and keep the designated driver Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Achilles slightly OT but a 757 mtow out of Innsbruck is around 101,000 kg ! Pure yank 60's power Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2planks, strewth. The equivalent for a Vulcan on a decent runway was about 77,000 kg. Different generations,of course.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy