Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question re my baggage - Easyjet Flight

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I posted this in another thread but it is probably best on it's own.

We're flying to Geneva from Glasgow this Sunday, with Easyjet. Fine weightwise, as there are 3 of us - 2 adults and a 3 year old, and I booked a bag for each of us (wasn't really thinking at the time obviously) and also 2 sets of ski carriage.

So in total we have 84kg between us? According to comments on here and also Easyjets website it says it doesn't matter how the weight is distributed as long as there is two pieces of sports equipment as booked. So here is what we've done:

2 sets of skis in one ski bag along with some toiletries and socks. approx 15kg
1 boot bag with a pair of ski boots and snow boots, plus some socks, gloves, hats etc approx 7kg.
2 x holdalls carrying everything else - clothes 2 x helmets, 1 x ski boots 1 x snowboard boots (no board as OH will just hire for a day or two rather than paying the carriage - he mainly skis) 1 holdall around 18kg the other 12kg

I'm saying approx as we haven't weighed since we put a few other items in each but know we are well withing weight limit, but what I'm wondering is does the two skis in one bag matter? If we did decide to take another bag (maybe to help out friends weight) would the boot bag be considered as the 3rd hold bag since 2 sets of skis in one bag, ie the two stes of sports equip, or would the boot bag be considered as the 2nd ski carriage? Obviously they would have to realise 2 sets in one bag (we used to always just add one ski carriage and carry 2 sets in one bag and they never bothered, but know they are getting more strict on these things)

Also our confirmation says check-in opens 2 hours before, I've always found it is usually 3, anyone have any experience of them opening earlier than the 2 hours as stated? Don't want to head over 2 hours before just to be at the end of the queue, don't mind going early, but also have to weigh up having a 3 year old hanging about for an extra hour if is doesn't open.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You are fine. You have the right number of bags, and they will check them in no problem.

If you have booked 5 bags, two of which are ski bags. The two holdalls are under weight, the ski bag is 3kg over but the boot bag is 5kg under.

Absolutely fine, they won't even blink.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the clarification on the weight over the various bags. Oh and I only have 4 bags at this point - 2 sets of skis are in one bag.

Does anyone think that they may say remove the toiletries from the ski bag - maybe they may use the excuse that the ski bag won't fit in the slot? If they did this I'd need to try and squeeze into some other bag, but there's not much room, so I'm wondering whether I should just put the stuff from the boot bag into a bigger holdall to accomodate this problem should it arise, trouble is I was trying to keep bags and sizes down, I always feel it looks like we have tons of stuff!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gilly28, I just travelled only with my board bag, full of everythingand not a problem
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Monium wrote:
Absolutely fine, they won't even blink.

Puzzled Almost certainly,you are right.The ski bag is over(12kg max)but I've never seen one weighed yet.Generally,you are the only one who handles it anyway,and places it onto the scanner belt in oversize.
The only time I've seen EJ get shirty was with a load of boaders rolling eyes They had generally been making a bit of a row anyway,so EJ decided to 'punish' them by doing bag weigh and search.Several were caught out..ouch!!

Proving,once again,that time honoured rule.......always keep well clear of boarders(esp in the check in queue) wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Doesn't matter if your ski bag is overweight with Easyjet, as long as your main bag is lighter by the amount you are over, and no bag exceeds 23kg.

There's 5 bags because you have a boot bag. Easyjet doesn't include a boot bag as far as I know, so 5 bags plus ski bag with 2 sets of skis.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have 4 bags? Or am I losing the plot here Puzzled Highly likely! Little Angel

2 holdalls , 1 ski bag and 1 boot bag.

I've kept it at that, if I don't have to worry that they'll pull the other stuff from the ski bag then I don't need the 5th bag.

Thanks for all the help.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This will help....

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Planning/baggage.html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DAVE 2227, Excellent link,and a lot clearer than it used to be.....should made a sticky wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy