Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamrousse update

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We were in Chamrousse 22 to 29 Jan after a break of 2 years and quite a few things have changed since my last posting.
Firstly there is a new Gondola from 1650 to the Croix de Chamrousse (top of mountain) which takes about 10 mins and is well organised with staff at the base to help load the gondolas to capacity.
Snowmaking has improved dramatically, now 51 canons as against about 6 the last time we were there.
We stayed in the L'Ercin Des Neiges which has had very mixed reviews on a few websites, but our apartment was excellent,however we were on one of the top floors (TIP : request a high floor if staying here as the lower floor apartments only have a view of the trees). Management very friendly and efficient and all in all I couldnt fault it, as we could ski off the slopes straight to the front door of our block.
Ski School : We met a lady who was a first time skier, and the only group they had for her was an intermediate group, so she was feeling totally left out and abandoned by the instructor. Their rep didnt seem to want to do much to help her either, so much for paying inflated package tour prices and expecting to be looked after by the "excursion sellers".
Once again we travelled by Eurostar/ TGV via Paris to Grenoble, £109 return when booked 90 days ahead and the local bus up to Chamrousse 13 euro return(internet fare) 15 euro if booked on the spot.We booked the apartment through Erna Low and it was cheaper than booking in the resort.
The Bachat restaurant in Domain d'Arselle has much improved as is the bar in there, the K-Doc is closed and replaced by something called l-etable which is run by the most unfriendly old bald fart I have ever seen behind a bar. It was a big effort for him to get off his perch (stool) to serve us 2 pints of overpriced beer.We didnt bother going back.
Most places seem to have had a lick of paint and the place looks a lot better maintained than in previous years.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy