Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is Rauris in Austria like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I am still hunting around for a cheapish deal on the 5th March to Austria. Our Budget is around £500 per person for flights, half board accommodation, lift passes and ski hire.

Rauris comes up a lot and I am not sure if it will be okay for us as we are intermediate skiiers at a leisurely pace. If you know what i mean. I like to look at the scenery!!! Smile

Kirchdorf also comes up within these criterias but I am still unsure about it. I know Fieberbrunn and St.Johan are accesible from there with the ski bus.

I would like anybodys view who has been to these places or can recommend another resort.

Moonshine Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
moonshine, I'm going to Kitzbuhel that week and paid £780 for flights, transfers, half board hotel (inc. single room supplement), lift pass and ski carriage. So by that reckoning your budget is probably a bit unrealistic, but I daresay you'll find something cheaper than I paid since I booked last April and you're looking for last minute-ish. I considered Rauris as somewhere to go for a short break with my beginner friend, but I don't think the ski area would tick all the right boxes for me.

I'd certainly consider St Johann/Waidring or Fieberbrunn but less keen on the idea of Kirchdorf personally.

I'd recommend Ski Welt or Ski Amade if you can find anything in these areas. You'll probably pay a bit more though as larger ski areas mean more expensive lift passes. TUI are running their 2 for 1 lift pass deal again at the moment if you book by 14th Feb.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moonshine, Rauris is pretty, but tiny, you would be bored after a day. St Johann (Tirol) is a better bet probably
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi queen bodecia

Thank's for reply.

I had a look on the thomson website and the 2 for 1 liftpasses are only for holidays from the 19th of March. It would have brought the price down for a ski welt holiday or ski amade.
Anyway, I will keep looking.

Smile Smile Moonshine
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Moonshine,
Learned to ski in Rauris about 7 yrs ago and went back for the next 5 yrs after that-- a cracking little resort.Okay it only has about 35kms of piste but compared to anywhere else I've been what it lacks in quantity in more than makes up for in quality.I've stayed in all the T/O hotels and the Rauriserhof is by far the best and great value if you stay in the annex about 50mtrs behind the main building.Check out a site called raurisskigang.net for more details or on here if you want to know more.Afriend who Imet in Rauris and have skied with each year since went to Kirchdorf and liked it also but not as much as Rauris,by the way what standard are you at as this could be a factor in Rauris..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi briand6868

Thank's for the info about Rauris.
I will have a look at the website. We haven't booked anything yet and still holding out for a deal.
If we go to Kirchdorf we can go on the ski bus to Fieberbrunn and Steinplatte. They look good to ski.
We are intermediates and like to ski LEISURLY. Toofy Grin

Moonshine Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy