Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bit windy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Cairngorm: From the website

Winds have been gusting above 150mph Shocked

at least its snowing Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just had an email from one of my sisters on the Isle of Lewis (now their power has been restored) - she said the waves in the Minch reached 42 foot Shocked and they'd had gusts of 90mph up there. I wonder if the CalMac ferries kept going! It's passed through now though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Winds have been gusting above 150mph

at least its snowing

Sorry, but will the snow stay in Scotland with this windspeed Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
freeheelskier, Yep they have a special device for collecting snow on the mountain.

They call it the 'tunnel mouth', even if there is no snow anywhere else it will be full wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
was just up to the cas car park, torrents of water flowing down the ski road, gravel washed out accross it (might need some work when things calm down again), some decent accumulations between the fences but not a huge dump by any means. there was a lull through the day but definitely picked up again now. Raining/snowing at car park level
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kevindonkleywood wrote:
freeheelskier, Yep they have a special device for collecting snow on the mountain.

They call it the 'tunnel mouth', even if there is no snow anywhere else it will be full wink

Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevindonkleywood, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yup, very true!! Toofy Grin

Snow to rain right now and back to snow later snowHead

freeheelskier, serious answer is yeah some will stick especially when it's wetter but lots was being blown around - the gullies and snow fences will catch some too and there's been reports of deep drifts in places.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been good here on the South Coast windsurfing this afternoon, wind only gusting high 30's - great conditions, decent waves to play on and direction not quite enough right for decent down the line riding - but no complaints, my local equivalent to a good powder day - made better as I live on the beach!

More of the same tomorrow, maybe stronger and hopefully Sunday.

See link below in sig
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12363852
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
windy here, too. I think it might be the roast pumpkin.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeeehaaa another South Coast Powder Day Laughing

Launching 09:30 tide on the push

Similar to yesterday - Live Cam feed http://www.seaspritesports.com/weather-cams-stream.php

Current Weather at : 8:35
Date 05/02/11
Wind SW at 27.0 mph
10 min average wind speed: 29.0
Highest Gust: 40.0 at 6:29
Wind Chill: 6.1 °C
Pressure: 1019.1 Rising Slowly
Temperature: 10.3 °C
Sunrise: 7:32
Sunset: 17:00
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Train will be delayed while the tunnel is dug out

works a treat Smile

The mountain has caught a lot of fresh drifting on the runs, with the lower slopes and burnside much improved.

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kevindonkleywood, sounds good! Cant wait to get up there now.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy