Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dream Heliskiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone done this:

http://www.micaheli.com/home

Looks awesome. I noticed it whilst viewing http://www.salomonfreeski.com/us/freeski-tv/season-04-episode-06.html and I have to say... it may well be my dream ski trip!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyon know a ball park figure for that, a weeks premium would suit me down to the ground.....hmmm my 40th is coming up......
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I dont know. I'd love to know though... Can you imagine how much fun that would be? Three days would do me!

Did you check out the Salomon vid?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chattonmill wrote:
Anyon know a ball park figure for that, a weeks premium would suit me down to the ground.....hmmm my 40th is coming up......

Ballpark for a 7 day package is going to be in the $7,250 -$9,500 range. Depends on the type of package and dates.
If that causes sticker shock, most heli ops have shorter packages of 5 days.

For a cheaper option - You could go the poor mans heli, and do some cat skiing.

http://www.baldface.net/about - Runs btwn $2,500 for 3 days to $3,500 for 4 days skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is very doable, and very tempting.
More research needed methinks!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check out Monashee Powder Cats too - watch claim if you want to know why wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chattonmill,
Quote:

For a cheaper option - You could go the poor mans heli, and do some cat skiing. Runs btwn $2,500 for 3 days to $3,500 for 4 days skiing.

We've catskied with two Canadian operators. If you read on, you will see that there is a poor man's option wink for catskiing too - see Trip Two below:

1. Trip One - 2 nights/2 days skiing from a luxurious wilderness lodge. The location was amazing - so remote that you are flown in by helicopter. The skiing was fantastic (waist deep fresh tracks) and the lodge/facilities were excellent. Current costs are CAD 600-900 per day, full board, depending on when you go. We'd actually booked 3 nights but the heli was grounded on the first day because of heavy snow. The blow with that was that, on reading the small print, we were screwed - no refund and no liability on the operator's part for the the day/night that we missed! In fact to pee us off even more, the guests who were stuck up at the lodge ate our food and skied our snow - an extra day on the house (no, on US!) for them.....In fact we weren't even offered so much as a free drink when we arrived at the lodge a day late. Overall, we enjoyed the amazing skiing, but thought that the company's customer care left a bit to be desired. As well as the lost day carry on, one of our guides was excellent but the other was a bit of a tw@ - a bit too impatient with those who were less than proficient in deep snow, despite the fact that their website says that powder beginners are welcome.

2. Trip Two - 2 days town-based catskiing. This was during a week in Fernie, last February. The catskiing is about 20 mins drive from town and comes in at about CAD 450 per day this season. We had such a fantastic time on day one that we re-booked for the next day. The two guides we had were excellent too - friendly, cheerful and great company. Highly recommended. Here's the link: http://powdercatskiing.ca/seeit.asp

In summary: We really enjoyed the wilderness lodge experience - it's amazing to be up a mountain in the middle of nowhere - but enjoyed the skiing just as much when we stayed in Fernie each night. On balance, we'd prefer to spend the money on the skiing - the wilderness lodge accommodation currently works out at about CAD 150 to 450 Shocked (based on non-residential catskiing being CAD 450 a day).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy