Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbühel Hahnenkamm Race on 25th February - chance for snowHeads!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There is going to be a race on the Kitzbühel Hahnenkamm on 25th February - only this time it is upwards! Full details here (in German). Are there any fit snowHeads out there?

The race track, the Streif, is 3.312 kms long and has 860 vertical metres drop -eh, climb. There are very few rules: only muscle power allowed, you have to stick to the Streif in the "speed" class but can also use the "Family Streif" in the "Rucksack" class. Skis, snowshoes, bare feet or whatever you fancy to get you up. I have more than enough trouble ever getting down the run - I'll leave others to sweat their way up!

While I'm plugging local events, I should also mention that one leg of the Freeride World Tour will be taking place in Fieberbrunn during the week of 11th-18th March. Usually (though not always) this involves folk throwing themselves down the Wildseeloder mountain above Fieberbrunn (that's the mountain in the background of the photo below). You can get a good view at or near the top of the Streuböden lift. Some details are here. If anyone is around and interested in watching and wants more details, PM me and I'll see what more I can find out.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oooh, if only I wasn't a bit booked up of late! Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This could fdinal kill me off!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hard enough walking down it in the summer. Good strudel refuel halfway though
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Result of the up-the-Hahnenkamm race: the winner, Urban Zemmer, took less than 33 minutes to run up the Streif (using spiked running shoes). Phew! I'd probably take longer to ski down. The fastest lady, Barbara Exenberger, took about 55 minutes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy