Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur- Awaydays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just booked to go 26.2.11 for a week, me and the wife. I know the area is a bit limited milage- wise, so what other resorts can be skied on the area pass? Thanks in advance for any help! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Thuile is easily done. There's a free bus, it takes about 30-40 mins and it's included on your lift pass. Also included is Pila which again is easy to get to, take the bus (sadly not free) to Aosta and ride the bubble lift up. Other Aosta valley resorts include Gressoney/Champoluc and Cervinia. These are much further away (roughly an hour each) and involve changing buses in Aosta. Not sure if the Courmayeur lift pass covers these. If you have a Mont Blanc Unlimited lift pass you can take the bus through the tunnel to Chamonix too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are off to Pila then too. The lift pass we get give one day free in another resort Courmayeur or La Thuile. There is always plenty for us to do in Pila that we never have bothered to use the day out.

We hire a car to travel from Geneva so can drive but as queen bodecia says both La Thuile, Pila and Chamonix are easy on the bus from Courmayeur.

Pila is mainly red piste runs (also some off-piste at the sides of the piste) which suits us, as we are getting old. I quite like doing the same run over and over as I never do it the same way (or right yet). They have opened up a new lift for this year with some more black runs that they are not going to piste until cut up. DON'T go to Pila on the weekend as all of Aosta take the bubble up the hill and it gets very busy. Also note the bubble lift closes quite early so don't linger over a drink in the village.

Good news is that there was good snow there which is not the case in some of the French resorts. No guarantees for a few weeks time but fingers crossed. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
was in courmayeur first week in january and the conditions were excellent, 2 days of fresh snow and the rest blue skies.
getting the ski-bus to la thuile is easy and well worth it. it's even better if the bus is full of russian. sit back and enjoy the entertainment, there really isn't anything better. also la thuile is linked to la rossierre so you can ski there as well, however the snow in france wasn't so good.

didn't bother going anywhere else to be honest as was quite happy having a relaxing time in courmayeur.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy