Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Opinions please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After loads of looking on here and other websites I'm finally taking the plunge and buying my first new set of skis in 10 years.

I'm 173cm, 70kg, 37 yr old bloke and have been skiing since age 4. Looking for an all mountain ski and have come down to either a pair of Missions or Jams. I can't justify a pair of off AND on piste skis for the 1-2 weeks skiing a year I manage these days.

I won't be skiing again this year so am not in a huge rush but would be interested in SHs thoughts with regards to these skis, the differences between them and particularly which bindings to get.

Thanks as always.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Missions have been a great all round ski for me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for missions
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I tried both skis recently and bought the Missions with Marker Griffons. I'm very happy with them. Both skis are great fun, carve well on piste and are excellent off piste for all-mountain skis. I really liked them both but what swung it was that I found that the big shovel tip and extra length of the 173cm Jams just put a bit too much torque on my slightly dodgy knees compared with the 168cm Missions. I'm 171cm and 72kg and just felt more comfortable on the Missions with the lighter swing weight. Not much in it though. Try them out if you can otherwise you might have a lingering doubt whether you have bought the wrong ones !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never tried Jams, but I since I bought my Missions I hardly used my old piste skis, in fact so confident am I on the Missions that sold my Metrons. I'm taller and heavier than you so use 178s.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks.

I think I'm, leaning more towards the 168 Missions, especially with Snow Dog's comments about the Missions lighter swing weight.

Also like the look of the Marker Griffons too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy