Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Search

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I'd really like to get some feed back on what people think of a resort search website. You type in / select criteria and resorts matching these are listed etc. Its very early days but some testing in the wild would be invaluable. Especially by people who love skiing and know a thing or two. (Our Natural language processor may produce interesting results Happy

I've not posted the URL here, as I’m unsure if this would be seen as spamming. If anyone is interested and it’s not against site rules I can post the link.

Cheers Lee
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
leeacarroll, you must be working on www.ski-finder.co.uk Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Scotia, no not that site. We've taken a different approach. A bit more open to how people might talk about resorts.
It's http://www.greatskiholidays.co.uk/

Let us know what you think

lee
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

I was searching for something like this a few weeks ago when I was trying to decide on a resort. A quick try with a few search terms has turned up the same results as the collective snowheads did, and the resort we booked came out top of the list.

One thing I wanted which didn't seem to register was quiet slopes, so it might need a few search terms added, but generally it looks like it will be useful.

Jane
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi jane, Thanks for the feedback. Yes I agree its early days and I don't think we have cracked complex multiple terms yet.

It's hit and miss Sad I'll check out quiet slopes as a term and do some analysis to see what is going on in the morning. Once again thanks for taking the time to try out the site and very pleased it produced results in line with the snow heads collective Happy

Lee
http://www.skiholidays.co.uk
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Jane
It looks like "quiet" is clashing with two contexts; "quiet night life" and "quiet slopes" its fine if the search is simple say
"quiet slopes" as that phrase is pretty recognisable but when we get queries like "quiet blue slopes" we fare less well. We are taking quiet as a synonym for no night life... This is the main resaon that quiet is then missing from the filter on the left Sad

Thanks for pointing this out as we can fix this ASAP

Cheers Lee C
(and sorry for the very boring reply Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy