Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breckenridge - Travel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks

Myself and my Wife are travelling to Aspen in late March for 4 days then going to Breckenridge for a week afterwards, what are my options to get to Breck from Aspen. I have looked at a car for the week from Aspen to Breck and for a SUV we are looking at about £250 - £350, is there any direct transports that anyone knows of ?

I have seen some of the door to door services but they are coming out at more then a car, as we would need to also go from Breck to Denver Airport at the end of our week in Breck.

Just wondered if there are any public transport from Aspen to Breck , Breck to Denver Airport.

Cheers
Dave
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shop around for the cheapest car. The car will be a great boom in Breck allowing you to ski Vail, Beaver, Keystone, A-Basin which are more enjoyable than Breck IMO.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Car Hire 3000 they have some great prices for the US we only paid £350 for two weeks for a for 4x4 in California
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are motivated to take public transport it is possible to:
1. Aspen to Glenwood Springs on the local bus (about $7)
2. Glenwood to Frisco on the Greyhound bus (maybe $20 iirc)
3. Frisco to Breck on the Summit Stage bus (free)

Other than having to transfer twice, the only real snag might be in Glenwood as it may be a few blocks from the local bus to where the Greyhound picks up on the west side of town. Also, you may have to take two different local buses- one between Aspen and Glenwood and another within Glenwood to get as close to the Greyhound as possible.

As Lechbob said, you will need a car to go from Breck to Vail and Beaver, but it is possible to take the Summit Stage to Keystone and A-Basin (on the Swan Mountain Flier route which has very few stops).

The drive through Glenwood Canyon can be spectacular when the light is right- you might enjoy not having to keep your eyes on the road!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A car does makes sense in this case because Aspen has 4 areas of Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highland, Snowmass and Buttermilk all unlinked. The best way to ski them all is drive to Buttermilk and take a local bus to each resort as local parking can be a problem, especially Aspen Mountain. Buttermilk has a large car park just for this purpose.

With the exception of Vail the resorts like Breckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Copper Mountain and Beaver Creek are all well served by large off-resort car parks with fast bus links into the resorts. A week in Breckenridge is in a convenient position to try out at least Keystone and Copper Mountain as they are only 15 and 20 miles away.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
saikee wrote:
A car does makes sense in this case because Aspen has 4 areas of Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highland, Snowmass and Buttermilk all unlinked. The best way to ski them all is drive to Buttermilk and take a local bus to each resort as local parking can be a problem, especially Aspen Mountain. Buttermilk has a large car park just for this purpose.

With the exception of Vail the resorts like Breckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Copper Mountain and Beaver Creek are all well served by large off-resort car parks with fast bus links into the resorts. A week in Breckenridge is in a convenient position to try out at least Keystone and Copper Mountain as they are only 15 and 20 miles away.

Puzzled

Seems to me you just enumerated the reasons why it does NOT make sense to have a car!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with abc- I was in Aspen in December and had my car with me, but left it at the hotel (downtown) and took the bus over to Snowmass and Highlands.

For Summit county, the convenience of the bus depends on where you are staying and which resort you are skiing that day...living in Frisco, I find it convenient to take the bus to Copper and Breck, but end up driving to the other resorts. If staying in Breck or Keystone, it is easy to take the bus between the two (particularly if you are near the Breck transit center or center village in KS). The bus continues on from Keystone straight to A-Basin. From Dillon, the bus is ok to Keystone and A-Basin IF are far enough up the route to avoid some of the local stops.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There certainly used to be a Hertz office in Frisco. Can't you just pick up a car for the day to get from Aspen down to Breck, drop your bags off, drive back to Frisco, drop the car then take the free shuttle back up to Breck?

To be honest, the roads at this time of year shouldn't demand a 4x4 either so if you can manage with a regular car, you'll save a packet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy