Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Comfortable Hotel near Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

My wife and I are skiing in Chamonix, arriving on 12th Feb and staying in a resort hotel. They are expecting us to depart on 19th Feb but we intend to ski that day and ideally would have liked to stay an extra night in our resort hotel. Unfortunately this is not possible as the hotel is fully booked on the 19th Feb.

Therefore our plan was to ski all day on the 19th Feb, then transfer down the mountain in the general direction of the airport, and find a nice hotel either in Geneva, at the airport or somewhere not too far away. Somewhere within half an hour of the airport would be good.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kenbowlt, I've stayed in the Holiday Inn express, which is near the airport and was very convenient and reasonable.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed in a couple of hotels in geneva that you need to look out for the parking.... some you have to park and walk to it

One we almost stayed at would have been great(apart from they didnt have a room when we showed up) was the other side of the airport towards Versoix around the lake so in the morning the traffic through or in geneva wouldnt be an issue

It may have been "coppet" - there are a few right on the lake, looked great but we ended up in geneva after driving about for a while - I think it was some holiday or something as everything was booked up
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just read your other thread needing transport.... without a car it is still possible to do the one I suggested on the train but you may not be able to get directly to the airport

Probably best to stay at the airport hotel as they run shuttle busses (I have also dropped the hire car off the day before and stayed right next to the airport which works out good)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We recently stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel courtesy of Monarch Airlines. Superb hotel only ten minutes or so from the airport with a bus stop opposite the hotel. Mention at Reception that you need to take the bus to the airport and they will give you a free pass.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have stayed a number of times at Hotel du Rey at St Blaise on the route between Le Chable & Cruseilles (Rd 1201) alongside the new motorway A41 towards Annecy. I know it is not quite on a direct route from Chamonix to Geneva, but if you look at your map, it is only a slight diversion.Their website is www.hotel-rey.com - 2 star. Next door is a fantastic resto called La Clef des Champs which would whet anyone's appetite. It is less than 20 mins to airport, 5 mins to junction with motorway which leads via numerous tunnels directly to airport, you can't miss it. It is not far across the border in France. The restaurant owners used to own both properties, but sold the hotel a few years ago, when they went into semi retirement. Highly recommended!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
An Aspirer, Are you considering just a crash pad or an evening visit to sample the delights of Geneva with maybe a good meal/bar/club thrown in?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think if you stay in a hotel in Geneva you get a free public transport card including a quick transfer direct by train to the airport...at least you used to. Otherwise it's pretty cheap anyway to get a train ticket.

There are loads of decent hotels in central Geneva....but maybe try and avoid the ones in the Paquis district as it is right in the middle of the red light district (although its pretty safe to be fair).

We stayed in one called Hotel Suisse once, which was fine enough and centrally located, right opposite the train station. Can't remember the price off hand though, but I'm sure there are cheaper chain hotels around too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I also recommend the Holiday Inn Express at the airport - very comfortable and reasonably priced.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I agree with the Holiday Inn Express - comfortable, clean and convenient - although no evening meal is available - we ended up getting a very expensive taxi in and out of the City Centre, although we could have used the courtesy bus and eaten at the airport.

This year we are arriving late at Geneva on Friday 18th and have the opposite problem - can't check into our hotel in Chatel until the 19th - so are staying in the Ibis at Thonon - think its about 50 mins from airport though - and would mean you can't return hire car the previous evening, which the Airport Hotel would allow you to .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You don't need an expensive taxi to get from the Holiday Inn to the centre. Courtesy bus to airport (I wouldn't eat there by choice!) and cheap train in to centre.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We stayed at the Movenpick hotel which is right beside the airport, got a great deal from Expedia, there is a shuttle to and from the airport and we were given a guest card for public transport which meant we could take the shuttle back to the airport then get the train into Geneva. All trams, busses and trips across the lake were then free using the card.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have stayed in the Novotel on the French side of the airport (relatively easy drive if you are travelling from the Swiss side). Totally functional, unexceptional, very average food as I recall, but extremely convenient.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy