Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale - Italy.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back yesterday. We had so much snow Thursday we could not get out of hotel, let alone ski (even piste bashers were not working). Fab resort for beginners and intermediates, limited if you want challanging blacks (there are only two! and one is only about 200 m long).

Its high altitude, took about 2.5 hrs to get there from Bergamo. I was very impressed with the flights - no delays.

Had a great time, our 4 yr old was sking blues within 6 hrs and the only child in his class using the button drag lifts on the blues on his own!! Little dare devil, could be heard for miles skiing with his dad screaming "faster faster" (my son, not husband).

My only criticism was the hotel food was limited for our lad. The meal was quite late in the evening, by which time he didnt want to eat anything except bread or breadsticks. He drank far too much coca cola too.....

glad to be home though. I am bushed. And, I can ski reds with total confidence now! Hope you are all ok!!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey - good to see you back Fruity and to hear you had a great time! snowHead Probably won't be long before your son will be showing you what to do.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh Cathy, you better believe it! I could not get over how quickly he took off without us! Not a backward glance! When I saw him being dragged up the blue on his own, I totally freaked but the little daredevil just grinned and waved....... he was first in his little slalom on Friday, made all the turns and didnt fall over.... his plough is excellent. Mario, his teacher was great with the little ones, he was forever throwing his gloves at them, encouraging snow ball fights etc and could stop them crying with a grin.
We would go back, if only to complete the runs at the resort. I skied all the blues, about 40% of the reds and was even eyeing up the short black when the sun came out, but hubby stopped me getting a bit over confident! Best of all, we only spent about £200 in total cos we didnt go out beering every night with the little lad with us! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Happy to read you and your family enjoyed it. Since last week was bad (as weather goes) I was afraid you had met an unlucky week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
An intermediate skier could do it all in a day. One easy black and the rest of it is much of a muchness - but a good place to learn and high enough for decent snow.

Stayed in huge tower block with orange walls and parties of Italian school kids. It was a cheap last minute deal.

Remember a great bar called Nico's that gave out key rings in the shape of Italy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
God I would have been exhausted if I had tried to do every run in a day..... ! Did you not try the hard black from the glacier..... I would not have called that easy, although yes, the black in resort was a hard red, even in my limited opinion!!!! My hubby would not let me at it, he said I was trying to run before I could walk; believe me, had he gone off to the glacier as he was threatening, I was going to go and do the easier black without him! The Paradiso, where we stayed was recently refurbished and had a swimming pool, ski shop and good bar downstairs with music, plus an umbrella bar on the piste which was jumping by 4pm! We went to Bar Heaven but our son (aged 4) found it far too loud and spent the whole night moaning and complaining with his little hands over his ears.....Fx
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had my suspicions when the rep on the coach announced, in all seriousness, that beginners should not try the black until the end of the week.

My party were second years skiers. They enjoyed their ski school and it was amusing to watch the absolute bedlam in ski hire shops and in our hotel. We were let through like 'teachers' while the Italian school kids had to to queue outside the dining room.

Cheap and cheerful, reliable for snow.

Lots of the pistes had no real boundaries, so you could easily ski across a number of them anyway.

A trip to Madonna di Campiglio would have been nice. It did not seem too far away.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy