Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Twintips in gondola ski racks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi i'm going to Sauze D'oulx at the end of the month and for the first time will be taking twintips

Was just wondering if there is a certain way to deal with gondolas apart from putting each ski in separately?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's the only way I'm afraid in some lifts.

Sometime those ones with a rubber sleeve on the lip of the slot are a nightmare for getting them out at the other end as well. Be careful not to put them in the slot for boards as they can slide around too much.

You will be alright in 'sowsy doo' though. They only have buttons and single chairlifts there don't they wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
some do some dont, i usually dont bother trying to force them in i just seperate, bit nerve racking first time as they look like theyll fall out bu the never do....yet
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Separate/take them inside.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Place them in seperate though be prepared for an abusive liftie or two attempting to shove them in together. Maybe best to pair each with a friend's flat tails.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On my last trip they fitted in some (had to slide one up to enter though), some took one in each slot, I put them in a snowboard slot in one gondola and the liftie made me take them inside, I took them inside in another and the liftie put them in the snowboard slot.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hedley wrote:
It's the only way I'm afraid in some lifts.

Sometime those ones with a rubber sleeve on the lip of the slot are a nightmare for getting them out at the other end as well. Be careful not to put them in the slot for boards as they can slide around too much.

You will be alright in 'sowsy doo' though. They only have buttons and single chairlifts there don't they wink

Nah there's a few t bars aswell lol
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sometimes, when the slot is just about the right size, you can squeeze it in by sliding one ski slightly up so the two turn-up tips arem't at the same level. You can then wiggle them in. Doesn't always work but if you're riding the same bubble multiple times, you may want to try that trick.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I find with my twins, that offsetting them (vertically) as you slide them in generally works. Takes a bi of practice though. I have Silencers, but my friend with Punishers has to go separate slots, as the tips are that little bit larger. Depends really - some gondolas are more generous with space too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's normally possible to place the skis in the same slot but insert each one separately. Insert first ski with the upside of the ski facing the gondola, then the second ski can be inserted with the upside of ski facing outwards. In this way the second ski can be angled in and may end up sitting a little higher than the first ski. If it's not busy just use two slots, best face skis inwards in that case as they will not hang out so much. Twin tips can be a pain when you've a small child to manipulate into the gondola as well. The joys of twins and kids.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I guess that quite a few resorts will have to change the slots as skis are getting wider, we had a mare last season in Les Arc, with 2 pairs of super fat twin tips to get into the slots. Mine had 145 tails so would only go in the snowboard slots Confused
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My Whiteodt Ones have a pretty massive twin tip so i think it'll be separate slots tbh but won't be a major problem in Sauze cos there's only about 3 or 4 gondolas
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy