Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine - eating and drinking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Flaine on the 5th of Feb and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on places to eat or drink?

Cheers
Lee
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LDM, Chez Pierrot in Flaine Forum but will need to book, maybe even before you travel. Sucre Sel up in Flaine Foret for crepe/pancakey type menu. Surprisingly good and reasonable.

Flaine's great for skiing & scenery, have to say IMO that it's not a fantastic location for eating out, (in the 'village' or on the mountain).

I'll dig out Chez Pierrot number for you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have found 3 lovely places to eat in the evening. And will be going back there when we go end of Feb.
In Flaine Floret there is a pub called la Perdrix Noire, the restaurant is quite pricey, but you can eat in the bar, and the steak and chips is prob the best I have ever eaten and not too pricey - about EUR15.00
In Flaine Forum, there is a lovely tiny Pizza place, could well be Chez Pierrot, onlt has about 20 covers, but they used to do a 3 course set menu for about EUR10 - its outside opposite the ice skating rink and next to a big pub.
Also, upstairs in the tiny shopping mall there is another pizzeria. cant remember name, but they do great fondues and meat grills which are great fun! We have never booked, but always eaten out quiet early i guess!
This will be our 4th time to Flaine, love it there! Just hope you get some fresh snow, and leave some for us!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ClaireM, I'm pleased you like the Perdrix Noire but we can't stand it! I won't slag it off further on here except to say that the one meal we did have there was hugely overpriced and very poor Sad I know it's popular with the Brits but maybe it's also the fact that it's so like a typical 80's English pub and feels wrong in the mountains, not sure. Hey ho each to their own Very Happy

Chez Pierrot number is 04 50 908 456
It's a really good pizzeria, lovely staff and good atmosphere.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

ClaireM, I'm pleased you like the Perdrix Noire but we can't stand it! I won't slag it off further on here except to say that the one meal we did have there was hugely overpriced and very poor I know it's popular with the Brits but maybe it's also the fact that it's so like a typical 80's English pub and feels wrong in the mountains, not sure. Hey ho each to their own

Lou - each to their own!! I did think the menu in the restaurant was expensive, hence why we ate in the bar - but you are right - very English!!
At least we agree on the pizzeria!! Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ClaireM, Laughing

Also to mention that the takeaway pizzas (next to the Perdrix Noire as it happens wink inside the mini shopping mall are very good.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks for the replies. I will certainly take a look at Chez Pierrot while we are there. Fortunately we arrive about mid day on Saturday so will have time to explore village. This will be my 3rd time in Flaine although I last went in the late 80s. I have been told next week is 80s week in Flaine I wonder if I still have any of my old gear ....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IMO the Sucre Sale, Chez Pierrot and the pizza takeaway in the Foret shopping centre are all good - have some serious reservations about the Perdrix Noire though both in quality & value for money.
If you want something different & better quality try L'Ancolie up in Hameau - hard to get to if you don't have transport but they used to run their own mini bus service to pick you up
Apart from the above, there isn't a great choice in Flaine to eat out in the evenings - the Brasserie Les Cimes in Forum is OK if a bit touristy
During the day, by far the best option is L'Epicea on the piste of the same name - their Plat du Jour is always good vale & good quality - only problem is actually getting a table at busy times so book ahead
If you want something cheaper & simpler, Le Pre near to the bottom of the DMC cable car is good for burgers & other fast food.
Further away, its worth checking out Les Mollets over towards Carroz
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Favourite lunch stops are Epiciere (Flaine, bottom of Faust), Les Molliets (Les Carroz) and Lac de Gers (Gers bowl via off piste, Cascades blue or Styx black).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We don't buy lunch normally - the cafes are quite pricey. However, if you want a "nice" evening meal try Brasserie Les Cimes in Flaine Forum. We usually go there for a fondue and their crepes are yummy. You need to book.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Agree with others about Chez Pierrot, it´s very good but small so may need to book.

Our children like to go to the Brassisere Les Cimes because it is quite bustling and as its next to the Forum they can nip outside between main course and desert and go sledging!
Can´t remember it´s name (maybe Daniel) but there is another good but fairly small place next to ice-rink which does good fondue, big salads and lovely crepes for dessert. Although not cheap we find this one good value.

Can´t help for lunch as we always go back to apartment for snack and kids rest.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy