Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

my dilema

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
so here I am sat at home , on my birthday feeling like a big pile of sh1te due to having a sinus infection. The plan was that right now I should have been in La Tania as we were due to fly out there last sat....luckily we cancelled as my son was too ill to fly and we can claim on the insurance. so we have to rebook...we can go this weekend or the weekend of the 12th. Ideally would like to just get on with it this weekend but am wondering if I will be fit enough as i cant seem to shift this infection. My dilema is that if we go on the 12th then one of the french sectors have started their hols so will this make it busier ? but them i guess best to be fit and healthy with a few more people than having empty slopes but not able to use them due to feeling under the weather.
has anyone any experience of how busy it could be on the week of the 12th compared to the week before. its the paris hols so I suspect it will not be as busy as if it had been one of the other larger or more local sectors
ESF is apparently busy so kids will have to jave afternoon lessons as mornings are too busy...however this might be a blessing in disguise as we are nto great at getting up in the mornings and getting them togged up for lessons !
and then there is the weather...logic says that by the 12th feb there ought to be some fresh snow as they are well overdue but then if it snows loads when we are there I hate skiing in snowy conditions...rather have hard pack and blue skies like we have now....decisions decisions...anyone out there with a crystal ball ? !!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
backhojo, Do you have to go to France ? Austria and Italy might not be as busy during French holidays.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we are getting a really good deal from the chalet company that we were originally booked with...all the lessons and childcare will be transfered over. its too much hassle to start looking around again now
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
backhojo, Fair enough. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i am kind of hoping that 12th feb wont be too busy...i think it all kicks off the week after...woudl be nice to hear from someone who has had first hand experience of this though. thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
backhojo, I have only been skiing in the 3V at halfterm as I was until recently a teacher. Yes, it is busy, but having just had my first-ever experience of non-school-holiday skiing it really isn't all that much different. You get the odd queue, especially at choke points, but the area of the 3V is so vast you can soon find quieter spots. The joy of the superb links asthat you can scoot around from place to place. Areas like Signal, La Masse, the col above Val Thorens, Orelle are often quiet in the busiest weeks. I am delighted to say I don't know when UK half-term is this year, but with Easter late I think you will still avoid it. Snow-wise I can say that I suspect this blocking high will be around for a while yet. Lower places (I was in Chatel at 1200 last week) seem to be skiing better than high at the moment, but the highest I have been was about 2200 in Avoriaz and that was fine. People I met at the airport who had been to Les Arcs said they had a dreadful time, but I suppose it depends what you are looking for. Like you, I would prefer hardpack and sun to gloom and fresh snow.

Hope this helps.

snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
backhojo, the 2 week Paris hols are generally reckoned to be the worst of the French 4 week holiday period. french cities don't come any bigger (or more pushy and impatient).

I can see that's a dilemma, given your chalet deal but snow in Austria at the moment is far, far, better.

Also, the weather forecast isn't too great. Conditions could well be worse than last week.

Could you postpone until mid-March?

That infection (we all had it at christmas) seems to be a very tenacious one. One of my sons who is never normally ill felt rough for 3 weeks with it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
march is not really an option. we are going again in early april - already booked for Montgenevre on 9th april - so need to have first hol in feb.
feeling better at the moment so will see how it goes and make a decision tomorrow. just so pleased the illness started before we travelled and not whilst we were out there !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
backhojo, glad you're feeling better. so you have a choice - cheaper, crowded, likelihood of poor snow OR more expensive, less crowded, likelihood of better snow. Or, how about two weeks in April - cheaper per day of skiing! After such a cruddy January, April is going to be fantastic.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

After such a cruddy January, April is going to be fantastic.

pam w, I will hold you to that as back to Les Arcs April 9th
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris, we're gonna be just buried in it, Boris. snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I went to 3V's that week a couple of years ago and was warned it would be packed. I found it fairly quiet as long as I stayed away from the main centres as much as possible. The more remote runs were almost deserted.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
adithorp, More or less what I said! And current snow conditions for piste skiers are OK at least, too.

snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy