Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix & Samoens Info please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hoping for some help from people that have been to Chamonix and Samoens. I am planning a four day trip in a couple of weeks and whilst i have flights and car booked etc I am still yet to decide on the location / resort.

I need to be around the Chamonix area (or an hour from it) and therefore was considering either a) chamonix or b) samoens (I have skiied Morzine before so ruling that out). Anyway, whilst both of these resorts come up with a good amount of pistes I am worried looking at the street and piste maps that Chamonix actually invovles a lot of buses / transfers and that each 'smaller' area within Chamonix wont actually contain that many pistes.

Anyone able to advise ?

If anyone has any alternative resorts to suggest then please do - need enough skiing for 4 days (and sadly will be there at the start of half term (19th Feb) so a 'not so busy' resort would be nice Happy))

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Contamines is worth having a look at... usually has a good snow record, about 30mins for Chamonix and usually not that busy even during half term week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rooney, St Gervais (I was there - again - last week) would tick lots of boxes. Only 25 mins or so drive from Chamonix, lots of varied pistes, easy access from the village to the slopes (you can also take the tram from the other end of the village to Les Houches, although it requires purchasing a ticket as no longer on the lift pass). I've had clients in St G for HT week, who had been used to PdS and 3V in peak weeks, and advise if was nothing like as busy. Drop me a PM if you need suggestions for accommodation Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We skied at Les Contamines on marcellus, recommendation last week and it was excellent. Only skied the one day but really enjoyed it. On another day we also skied over at Chamonix but as we did not really know where we were going we basically followed a ski bus until we saw a telecabine sign. We ended up at Brevent-Flegere but after looking at the map we perhaps should have gone to Les Grande Montets. Chamonix was not the quaint ski resort I envisaged, a very large busy town. But we know better now. If considering Samoens then you may prefer to base yourself at Les Carroz which is a short drive to Cluse and the A40 to Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for this - might look at St Gervais and Les Containmes as options.

Marceullus - 4 adults going and need a place from Friday night (18th) Tuesday morning (22nd) Feb. We are struggling a bit as it is the start of half term week and not many people want a short booking (that said we are happy to stay 5 mins outside and drive to lifts if need be - we have a car).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy