Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

From Memmingen Airport to....?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had posted this on another thread but think it deserves one of it's own...we bought flights to Memmingen some time back on impulse(cheapo) and are heading out for a few days in March for a sneaky lads trip.
Just looking around now as to which resort to visit and am suffering a lot of head scratching as to where to go.
So I am looking for some help and guidance here among the best community on the web.
We have been to the Zugspitz area on fellow posters recommendations and really enjoyed it but looking for new adventures, I have spotted a smallish resort of Damuls which links to another village and there are other small areas locally. Anyone ever visited this area? I can see its not large or high but it looks very pretty.
Other than there I guess there is always St Anton if I can persuade my tightish fisted mates to part with a little more of their hard-earned wonga.
Unless anybody can give me a better suggestion, please? Really don't want to be driving more than 2 hours at most and we are only skiing for 3 days.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
northantsred, flew back from there last year when we were in Kappl. Took us 2.5 hours so St Anton should only take 2 hours.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
northantsred, I've just come back from St Anton today, and the drive from Memmingham is an absolute doddle. Also, if you dont want to spend a fortune stay up the road in Pettneu. I've been to SA a few times before and always stayed in the village, but to be honest Pettneu was fine and about half the price.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
northantsred, boabski, SteveKirby,

I hate to tell you guys this but it was announced a wee bit earlier this season that Ryan Air are pulling out of Memmingen Evil or Very Mad

They are leaving at the end of this season and currently not intending to return according to the German financial papers. Looks like they are doing what they did to Friedrichshafen, building up a demand, then trying to negotiate special rates for cheap landing fees etc. A far as I know so far, the Memmingham authorities are not intending to play ball with O'Leary, any more than Friedrichshafen were.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The answer is Oberstdorf
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ami in berlin, tell me more......?

Puzzled wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I second the suggestion of Oberstdorf. The town has three areas: Nebelhorn, Fellhorn/Kanzlerwand and Soellerck. The Kleinwalsertal is also easy to access. Some great skiing to be had and good value. I've generally always skied good snow there too.

http://oberstdorf.de/en/
http://www.kleinwalsertal.com/en/winter.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I haven't been, but it's on my radar. It's the closest bigger resort to Memmingen, which makes it the obvious choice. You can drive farther and spend more if you want, but I wouldn't before checking out Oberstdorf first.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy