Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reaction to closure of the Ciste Chairlifts, Cairn Gorm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The 'Save the Ciste' Campaign for the reinstatement of the Ciste Chairlifts at Cairn Gorm is alive and well in 2011, and the future of the lifts gains support from an unlikely source:

http://youtube.com/v/nYPr4jOt2S4

For interested parties, there is further information about the cause (incl petition) on our website, which I'd invite interested persons to view/sign. We were very grateful for the support snowHeads gave us last winter, so hope that you'll continue to keep spreading the good word!

More information/material will be arriving on the website shortly - but in the meantime the video should provide a reasonable overview! Stay tuned!! snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I normally rolling eyes when I see somebody's done another version of that clip. But I do like that one Very Happy Good luck with the campaign!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think last year June was a proper testimonial as to how well placed the WWC is. It could have run and served the ciste gully with return over the boardwalk the 5th of june. Some 6? weeks after the WWP had to stop due to loosing the uptrack!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks to both for your responses and for supporting the petition. snowHead

Ronald: completely agree. The West Wall Poma ran on a total of 57 days last winter. By contrast, the Ciste Gully was complete to the Chairlift boardwalk from 6th December - 6th June - a total of 182 days potential!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

With Natural Retreats UK formally taking ownership of the operating company (CairnGorm Mountain Ltd) today, the Save the Ciste campaign has launched a refreshed and updated website to strengthen the calls for reinstatement of the Coire na Ciste Chairlifts. We've already added over 100 new signatures to the e-petition this afternoon, if you'd like to see the Chairlifts turn again on CairnGorm then please spare a few moments to show your support at www.savetheciste.com and please like us on Facebook at facebook.com/savetheciste .

A huge thank you to everyone who has supported the calls for Chairlift reinstatement. If you've not yet signed the e-petition but are interested in finding out more, please browse www.savetheciste.com, the 'At a Glance' page provides a quick summary and the Manifesto outlines a positive vision for the future. Thanks again.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy