Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski test on Saturday - My review...

Poster: A snowHead
Here is my review

(edited cause I moved the page on my site)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 19-08-05 10:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fox - good review, would concur with much of what you wrote, notbly your view on the 14.1's.

Here's one I tried that presumably you didn't. Have ripped off your format Wink

Fisher RX8's

Grip: 9/10. Pretty good. I felt comfortable as soon as I got on them. They would turn how and when I wanted them to, and stuck to the snow well, including the icy bit.

Speed: 7/10. Nothing like as fast as the 14.1's, but quick. I've no idea if I would find their limit on-piste, but they certainly felt extremely stable at MK and I pushed them hard. Whether they would be the same at much higher speeds on piste - possibly.

Control: 9/10. They're quite firm, no obvious front-end 'flapping'. Extremely manouverble and agile. Easy to jump-turn into a stop with no loss of control.

Fun: 8/10. Depends what you're into, of course, but I felt I could have a blast on these all day and they'd be ok for anything from piste-bashing to moguls.

The reps from EB said that intially they weren't going to carry the ski this year, but it came top of its class in their testing so they changed their minds and will now do so. I thought it was a super ski and would happily have taken a pair home. It felt well-balanced and light, yet stable and manouverable. The only reservation I would have would be high-speed stabilty, purely because you can't determine this at MK !

I'm an average ability skier of light build with a fair turn of controlled speed, prefering a stiffer ski to the flappy park-style skis and twin-tips. Ususal skis - Blizzard SLK's (a slalom race carver).

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 28-06-05 17:15; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
(sorry about the images - they weren't hyperlinked, now they are!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A nice review.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice one, Hat.

Did you happen to note the lengths of the 7 skis you tested?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The only ones I'm certain of were the SUV 12.1 - they were 160s.
I think the Dynastars were 165
The rest were around the 170+ mark.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, Now I know where all the short skis went Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Short skis?

I did 3 runs on each ski, then brought them back, so you shouldn't have been waiting too long!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
austin, nice review. In fact, so good, I'll add it to my page, then the other sites where I've posted the info will get it too. (edit - I have been given permission from austin7 to do this!)

(and for those of you concerned, I've made sure my page says snowHeads on it - to the point that I have been asked on an Aussie site if I am the owner of snowHead Very Happy )
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat, Just teasing ! I experienced a distinct shortage of models available in/around 160cm. Ended up on 1080 "Thruster" at one stage (it was all they had left in 160). I'm 165cm. rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fox - thanks for the compliment - will add a couple more later tonight Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat, good work that man. What does 'squirrely' mean?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
richmond, all over the place, like a squirrel running around.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Makes sense.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
woohoo! I make sense! Laughing
snow report
Squirrely skisuit
snow conditions
austin7 wrote:

Fisher RX8's

The reps from EB said they weren't going to carry the ski this year, but it came out top in it's class in their testing.

Typical EB!
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Nice review. I'm looking forward to trying the Nordica Hot Rod Top Fuel's at Castleford to compare against my b5's.

What length did you ski?
snow conditions
I think it was around 175 ish. maybe a bit longer.
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, Maybe a bit long for my svelt like figure Smile
ski holidays
spyderjon, ah, the old racing snake physique...
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
austin7 wrote:

Fisher RX8's

The reps from EB said they weren't going to carry the ski this year, but it came out top in it's class in their testing.

Typical EB!

Really? I thought they were going to carry them but wouldn't have any until the end of summer. Actually I thought they also said they'd have that demo pair for a short while.
ski holidays
EB say, Yes they will definitely be stocking the RX8 next season. They are expecting all their stock to be in by the end of Sept.
latest report
admin wrote:
EB say, Yes they will definitely be stocking the RX8 next season. They are expecting all their stock to be in by the end of Sept.

I take it back with humble apologies to EB wink
snow conditions
Have edited the above post in case anyone else suffers from the delusion that major retail chains actively promote top-quality class-winning gear you can only buy in their competitor's shops Laughing
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat,

Do you prefer the new Nordica Hot Rods to your XRC 1100? Head ski's (Notice that I didn't mention your Pistols so there is no real reason to post a pic of them wink )
snow report
DB, no, the Hot Rods would be a good all-mountain ski. My iXRCs are more piste focused, and would be faster/better on the turns.

None of the skis would make me want to replace my current ones, but some might make it onto the list as being additional pairs. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy