Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski school in Arc 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey guys

off to Arc 1800 on sunday and cant wait! little bitconcerned about the piste conditions but im sure it'll be fine!

i am going with my mum, sis and girlfriend. ( god knows why im going with my mum at 26 but it sounded like a nice gesture at the time!)

sister and i ski very well, both around 20 weeks skiing.

girlfriend and mum, are both very nervous and have only ever been once.

can anyone recommend a good ski school for them? i'd prefer group lessons as its cheaper and they may feel more comfortable if there are other novice skiers. oh, girlfriend boards and mum skis!

i have tried looking on the net but info seems to be limited.

any idea on costs?

thanks!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Am off to Arc 1800 in March, and rob@rar recommended Ski New Generation, based in the next village of Vallandry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jimmi85, We are in Les Arcs 1800 at the moment. Piste conditions are currently 'interesting' to say the least. Hard packed at best in 1800.
We had 4 x 2 hrs private lessons in the last week, taken with Arc Adventures and can recommend them. You'll need to book though, I wouldn't wait until you arrive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jimmi85, Give Rob Hutchison a ring, I'll PM you his number. He used to work for new Gen but is now on his own. Tell him what you need, even if you don't eventually use him, for whatever reason, you'll get some good advice. He lives in Landry, which is below Vallandry but will travel to most 'nearby' places.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jimmi85, If you go to my facebook Les Arcs Ski and Snowboard Info group page you will see in the discussion section a thread with the links for instructors plus ski and snowboard schools. All those listed are good.

For week group lessons, there are a number of ski and snowboard schools in Arc 1800. ESF, Arc Adventure, Privilège and Initial Snow. There are also a number of private Instructors. As with all ski schools there are some good and some not so good Instructors. When you book make sure you ask for an English speaking person. Good Luck. Very Happy

When it comes to cost, they are all very similar, but New Gen and Evolution 2 over in Peisey Vallandry are more pricey plus you have to get over there which is a pain.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jimmi85, Arc Adventures told me that all their ski instructors spoke English. If you are in 1800 then I think your best bet is Arc Adventures (rob@rar also recommended them to us) we have used them for two years. A word to the wise - if you use the phone or email to book, make sure you know where you are meeting them. Their ski garden is the right of the transarc as you look up the hill, but it is behind the trees and up a slope from the transarc. You can ski down to the top of the ski garden from the grand melezes run back to the transarc lift where it intersects Maitaz. If you arrange to meet them at their office its a walk down a slope as they are down in the parade of businesses behind the ski gardens near the Vagere lifts. Your best bet (if at all possible) is to meet them near one of the lifts - this can certainly be done for private lessons, but they may want to meet in their ski garden for a group lesson.

As mentioned above the hard conditions are pretty evil for beginners at the moment so please tell mum and girlfriend that it is not the norm as it might be pretty off-putting which would be a shame.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy