Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland Reports Season to Date Even Better than 2009-10

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From the Fast Track Ski website:
Quote:
Scotland’s mountain ski areas are on track for another good snowsports season, with latest figures showing a 3% increase on last year, which itself was an outstanding season.

The full article can be seen here

So it looks like Scotland may be heading for another bumper season and who can be surprised when photos and videos like those below (all from Cairngorm and the Winterhighland website) are being posted on the net!

http://youtube.com/v/H5XAH_zjUvE

http://youtube.com/v/MnTbJGYBpA0

More photos on Winterhighland here:

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,2539

and here:

http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=696
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks magic Smile, sounds bloody awful Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike Pow wrote:
sounds bloody awful Sad

Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds awful?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In the pic of frozen loch morlich, is that aviemore in the top left corner?
latest report
 brian
brian
Presumably Mike Pow, isn't into fiddle-de-dee Laughing

Ricklovesthepowder, think it's Coylumbridge.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks lovely,, I have been there for hiking in summertime for many years ago,, and I realy like my week there,, and I realy want to try Scottish skiing, is there someone that know some B&B near, that not are to expensive?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had a trawl last night for accommodation offerings for CairnGorm from someone on snowboardclub.co.uk, the cheapest offers for this weekend were £25 for a single room B&B at the Bavill and Highlander Hotel's both in Newtonmore, about 15minutes from Aviemore by car. Doubles/Twins were £35 at the Bavill and £44 at the Highlander.

While there is a big choice of accommodation for all budgets in Aviemore, it's always worth checking out the surrounding villages as some cracking offers pop up as the hotels and guest houses try to entice folk out from Aviemore itself. The Boat Hotel in Boat of Garten (other direction) had some doubles for £49, supposedly have a great restaurant, but can't comment personally.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, yeah, it's Aviemore.

freeheelskier, loads to choose from in Aviemore but probably the cheapest you'll find are the last 2 which are Youth Hostels:

Accommodation:
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SYHA Aviemore is doing 3 nights for the price of 2 thru the end of February, makes it £11.30 per night for a 3 night stay and they have superb lounge and cooking facilities.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian wrote:
Presumably Mike Pow, isn't into fiddle-de-dee Laughing

Ah, I see - never considered anyone wouldn't like the "fiddle-de-dee" lol Wink

And you being a Celt and all that too Mike Pow Wink Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some related articles, giving a further positive buzz to the Scottish scene:

The Daily Mail discovers Scottish skiing: Spartan Scotland? Not at all, the ski resorts north of the border are thriving

Read more here: Spartan Scotland? Not at all, the ski resorts north of the border are thriving

Couple of points they have wrong though (it is the Daily Mail), this is the 3rd (if not the 4th) very good season in a row, not the second and the best website for Scottish ski information with snow conditions and weather reports is not Ski Scotland, it's Winterhighland!

And if you want to pay to read The Times online (which I don't!) there's also this: A taste of Aspen in snowy Aviemore

If you haven't got a subscription all you'll be able to read from the above is:
Quote:
It was very strange; we had just turned into the short high street of Aviemore, so we knew that we were in Scotland, but it didn’t feel that way at all. On one side of the road there was Coffee Corner, reminiscent of the café from the US sitcom Friends. On the other side there were red ...

Sounds good as far as it goes lol!

Seems to be part of a trend of positive reporting on the Scottish ski areas, there was a nice article on Aviemore earlier this month in The Herald: The Rebirth of Aviemore
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So jealous of the video and pics especially as me and the missus are working opposite shifts so we've 4 weeks before we can get up to the land of kilts Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ....I'm gutted that the 'media reported rise' in swine flu cases hasn't prompted the Government to declare a pandemic which opens the door for a bit of ' long term strategic illness' to take advantage of the conditions Idea wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
roga, really good report.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the main problem i find with aviemore is the wind. sometimes you feel like you are being blown up the hill. on a good day glenshee is way better imho. got me thinking might take a wander up next week
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy