Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Discount for Snowheads until October

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Summer's traditionally pretty quite (unsurprisingly!) for winter sports. So in attempt to drum up some sales we'll be doing a series of special offers. I realised earlier I've not done any offers for Snowheads yet, very remiss of me. So I thought our first offer should be to you guys, and here it is:

Spend over £10 and get free P&P - we'll run the discount until the end of September.

How to claim your discount;
If paying by cheque simply pay the price of the items without P&P. On the order form write down 'Snowheads discount' and your Snowheads login name.
If paying via Paypal then when you pay in the Paypal message box type 'Snowheads discount' and again your Snowheads name. If you forget to do it at this stage just e-mail us afterwards with the same information. We will credit your Paypal account with the P&P that you have been charged.

For those that don't know we sell;
T-Shirts (from £12.99)
Hoodies (£27.99)
Breathable Wicking Tops (£15.99)
Girls Skinny Ribs (£14.99)
Beanies (£11.99)

If there's something your after and we don't have it in the size or colour you want just e-mail us, we'll be more than happy to help.

Cheers

(Offer can't be used in conjunction with any other offer and only applies to UK residents)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Board4Life, no offence but I think it inappropriate for advertising to appear in an independent discussion forum. Or maybe I'm too puritanical.

Maybe mark the heading "Advertisement: Discount for snowHeads until October". Essentially it's a matter for the forum's owner/administrators.

BTW, you can thank me (or blame me) for introducing snowboarding to Britain in 1979: the Winterstick, from Salt Lake City. 20 units imported personally from Dimitrije Milovich - the inventor!)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Board4Life, maybe you should ask admin for an entry in the snowShops.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thread moderated and entries deleted.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oh for goodness sake, is this it from now on? David Goldsmiths get's to have anything he objects to deleted? In between 4 out 5 posts being started by him there's going to be very little left.

Why he waited two weeks before having a go at Board4Life who was trying to do Snowheads a favour is a perfectly reasonable question to ask.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi David,

Sorry if I've caused offence, certainly wasn't the intention. Most forums I've visited have been happy to have discount offered to their members, as long as the poster isn't constantly forcing it in people faces. While I haven't posted a lot on here, I hope what I have has helped contribute. This thread was (as I stated in the first post) both aimed at getting us more sales but it was also genuinely to allow people a discount which they would not otherwise have got. Since I've discovered Snowheads I've found it an interesting forum, it comes with a very different slant from other boarding ones I've visited but I may well have misjudged the culture. Once again apologies if this is the case. I will message the admin, to check what his views are, so the post can be removed if wanted.

Cheers

Dave

P.S Most definitely thanks for bringing the Winterstick to the UK!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
Why he waited two weeks before having a go at Board4Life who was trying to do Snowheads a favour is a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

A perfectly reasonable question to ask ... and a very easy one to answer. For my sins, I'd not dropped into the Snowboarding section for weeks (what an admission!)

Board4Life, I have odd bits and pieces relating to the invention of the Winterstick around the place, including an original deck (not in perfect condition sadly). I wrote the first two articles on snowboarding (it didn't even have that name) in 1978 for Ski Survey magazine (now Ski and Board) and one (which made the front cover) for Design Magazine - the official magazine of the Design Council in London. Dimitrije was really chuffed about that one!

Good luck with your enterprise. No unreasonable castigation intended!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ise, David didn't complain, Helen just thought that things were getting a bit heated
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Board4Life, ok I know what a T-shirt is. The meaning of the term "hoodie" has even reached me (very recently) here in the sticks of darkest Savoie (French currently in mourning, I haven't ventured out much since Wednesday's Olympic decision)...

But with great embarrassment I have to admit to not having the slightest clue what the following are:

Breathable Wicking Tops, Girls Skinny Ribs, or Beanies

I really should like to know so that I can impress my daughters. However they are skiers so if these items are part of the snowboarding culture only, I'd like to know first in case they are unmentionable for some reason.

Thanks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise, that's right sorry if there was any misunderstanding. I'm neutral in all of this.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG: Wicking tops are your base layer. They are worn in active sports as they help wick sweat away from your body and allow your skin to breathe. This means that you don't end up wasting energy heating up sweat soaked t-shirts. You may well have seen the Helly Hansen Lifa layers - basically like that (although we can only get short sleeve ones). Must admit I was a sceptic until I brought a couple of HH ones a few years back.

Girls skinny ribs: Fitted t-shirts for girls.

Beanies: Hats - you know the pull over your head jobbies - like the one shown on the front page of Snowheads.

Hope that's been of some help, I don't think any of them would be limited to snowboarding Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Board4Life, maybe you should ask admin for an entry in the snowShops.

Helen - great idea, have done just that! Had only briefly seen these before and had erroneously (I think) believed them only to be for 'bigger' companies. Have now had a better look, we do something similar with SCUK, so hopefully will be able to for Snowheads too! Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

oh for goodness sake, is this it from now on? David Goldsmiths get's to have anything he objects to deleted?

There is the issue that anyone that advertises in the snowShops gives a 5% discount to snowhead customers plus pays 5% to snowheads to help support the site. Ads posted in the forums benefit the members but not the site (except what is the site except a gathering of its members?).

Before anyone asks, I do advertise in the snowShops and will probably also put a post in the chalets and apartments forum but make it clear it's an ad and that the discount/payment to snowheads applies.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy