Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze d'Oulz DIY

Poster: A snowHead
Hi just wondering how easy it is to do Sauze d'Oulz DIY. Is it easy to get there from Turin? What are hotel, drink and food prices like? Are lift passes expensive? Do the hotels readily take direct bookings?

Cheers Pete
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You get a quote for a taxi, lift pass prices and information/prices on Hotels here:

www.sauzeonline.com

No connection.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, I believe that there's a train from Turin that sounds feasible. Regarding Sauze, is it a friendly place? From the photos I've seen it looks like it's a ski in / out village?

Would it compare in feel to Niederau?

Pete
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PeteMan wrote:
Thanks, I believe that there's a train from Turin that sounds feasible. Regarding Sauze, is it a friendly place? From the photos I've seen it looks like it's a ski in / out village?

Would it compare in feel to Niederau?

Pete

Yeah, I know some people who have done the train, leaves you to the bottom of the mountain...I was in Sauze about 7/8 years ago and really enjoyed myself, good skiing and good apres. I know Ryanair now fly to Turin but as far as I remember they don't coincide with the changeover day so worth checking into that if you're doing a week.

If the snow is good you can ski back to the Village although be careful as there are quite a few hotels etc. that are a pretty good walk away as far as I recall and the morning uphill slog with a hangover wouldn't be my cup of tea!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PeteMan, No not a ski in ski out village! It can be a bit of a schlep depending on where in Sauze you stay! Than said it is cheap and can be good on the slope, with its connections to other milky way resorts! I am sure you will have a good time though!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Accomadation may be cheaper in Jovenceaux. Jovenceaux has it own lift which connects you to the Sportina (mid mountain meet area) of Sauze. Most hotels there have less than 5 mins walk to lift. Jovenceaux is quite at night, so if you want night life ; Sauze
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nothing like Niederau, Sauze is party central is has some great bars and clubs. The skiing is very good with the Milky way giving you access to over 400km's of piste. But it is not ski in ski out.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

But it is not ski in ski out.
....with the exception of a few hotels clustered around the base of the chairlift in the village centre (Well, ski in anyway).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

But it is not ski in ski out.
....with the exception of a few hotels clustered around the base of the chairlift in the village centre (Well, ski in anyway).

Like this one?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g194891-d314307-Reviews-Hotel_Stella_Alpina-Sauze_d_Oulx_Salice_d_Ulzio_Torino_Province_Piedmont.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We stayed in pragelarto with crystal, can't fault it and only £299 per person catered, you'd struggle to do this any cheaper
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Re pragelarto, I understand a gondala takes you to Sestiere, from the maps looks like all reds blacks, one of our group is a timid s(blue run) skier. Is there sking in pragelarto. And roughly what time does the Gondala run until

Thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Do they still have the andy capp ski race in sauze?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I plan to do Sauze d'Oulz DIY too by staying in Briancon.

Tried today but the weather was pretty bad so I turned back as I was predicting the mountain pass could be closed later. The road doesn't seem to get cleared vigorously on Sunday. I ended up skiing Risoul which is 40 miles away.

Will give it another go in the next few days. Got a Subaru AWD for this job. My intention is to park at Cesana and ski to Sauze d'Oulx from there. It is the only bit of Milky Way I didn't tried. Last attempt failed due to the link closed in strong wind.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Peteman
The hotel you refer to is a close to the piste as you can get. In decent snow you can ski down to across the road from it. Nice hotel. Caroline, who runs the place, could not be more helpful.
Getting there from Turin is easy, hire a car/train(bus first from airport to centre of Turin)/transfer is "from" 35 euro per person each way/ taxi approx 120 euro each way.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
check out sauzeonline...its on facebook too, run by a guy called james. ideal for diy holidays. he'll give you loads of info, even sort a transfer for you. say hi from me
latest report
www.sportinia.it

There you go......................my secret is out !
latest report
You could get there by taking the train from England. Eurostar to paris and TGV Artesia from Paris to Oulx which is a short taxi ride from sauze d'oulx I think. Have a look at snow carbon website. I have not been to sauze. We went to Oulx and took the bus to montgenevre.
ski holidays
Paris airport shuttle provides a simple but efficient airport shuttle service operating 7 days a week between paris airport. They use experienced English speaking drivers who are specialized in the door-to-door transport of passengers and who know their way around www.istanbultransfer.net our fleet of mini-vans and cars offer a comfortable, reliable and economical transport into or out of pstis. No need to queue for taxis with their uncertain rates, or drag your bags around searching for public transport.
latest report
We are going in a few weeks, flying easyjet to malpensa then hiring a car 4 hrs drive though.
worked out better for as we are only going for 4 days skiing. found it simple enough to book a hotel for our stay. not on the slopes but I'm sure I can manage the 200m walk.
ski holidays
Richiavo wrote:
Nothing like Niederau, Sauze is party central is has some great bars and clubs. The skiing is very good with the Milky way giving you access to over 400km's of piste. But it is not ski in ski out.

Party central? Last year mid Feb it was as flat as a ti t with little atmosphere. Skiing was great. Not a ski in ski out village tho.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy