Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow & Rock

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have had the day off of work and decided that I may as well tune my kit. However, after turning the house upside down I couldn't find either my edge or my base angle guides.

So I bit the bullet and drove to S&R to see what they had, deciding I would be willing to pay slightly more just to get the stuff in hand and finish what I had started.

Ordinarily I haven't had any problems with the store. I do feel that some of their kit is over priced, but I accept that rather than internet shop, I am willing to pay more if I need it immediately - besides which I've often got on well with their Store Managers as they're generally skiers, bikers or climbers themselves.

However, they wanted over £50 for a pair of 0.5 and 1.0 base guides - (that's the ones with the plastic sleeve with the raised bar, not the ergo metallic bridge with the fixed guide rails); to me this seemed excessive for two plastic sleeves that you put (your own) file into...

They also wanted between £40 and £50 for a simple fixed angle side edge guide; without a file, or a clamp, or a tv...

I didn't buy anything, I shopped on the internet instead; (thanks SpyderJon - £27 for a fixed edge angle guide and clamp), deciding I could wait 2-3 days and save myself over £50.

Am I being cheap or is this just pushing the limit of walk-in trade a little?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you've saved yourself almost 50% then I'd say you did the smart thing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used to love S&R but I've found in recent years I usually end up leaving empty handed, not because there's not pretty shiny things I'd like but because their prices are so often on the steep side.

That aside, had some excellent service from them in the past as well, and some good deals when timed right- but not for some time...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Buildings and signs don't speak or have opinions. People do, get their names!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
S & R are a bit too trendy and metropolitan for my tastes. Kensington, Holborn, Long Acre etc just tells us the sorts of people they're after-not too concerend about costs!!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That said, S&R do offer a price match wossit - if you can find the same item in stock (and that counts online shops) they say they'll match the price - did it for OH's ski/binding combo!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevin mcclean wrote:
S & R are a bit too trendy and metropolitan for my tastes. Kensington, Holborn, Long Acre etc just tells us the sorts of people they're after-not too concerend about costs!!!

Those would be the sorts of people that work up town. Blacks also has a place in Holborn.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy