Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transporting/packing skis...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When heading off for a snowbound jaunt, how do you pack your skis??....bottom to bottom & wrap a towel around the bindings?...wrap both of them individually in towels and lay them one by one into the skibag so they don't hit each other?....put half a kilometer of bubble wrap around each ski & pole, get a Shamen to bless them, dowse them with Holy Water and kiss them as they head off through the 'Oversize Conveyor' like a child on their first day of school?....or just lash them into the skibag and tell them you'll see them on the other side, hopefully....well?

Me, for a long time would just slide them bottom to bottom, put a fairly soft beach towel around the bindings and put them into my bag, but judging by the lacerations on my skibag, I'd say it's been pretty detrimental to my edges...I've just bought brand new Salomon Tornado Ti's and I think I might reassess my position.

Anyone?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skis put together, base to base, with velcro ties around top and bottom, stops them hitting each other and/or coming apart, protects the bases.

Then stick plastic bag around bindings to stop the grease getting on other stuff.

One leg of ski trousers goes over the bottom of the skis. Thick jumper around the top. Old spare hat goes over the tips, trousers are folded over at the bottom to protect the tails. Then keep chucking clothes in there until ski bag is full. Poles get lobbed in at some stage.

Despite all of this, on a recent trip a rear binding was smashed, I think because there were two pairs of skis in one bag, and the way it was packed must have left a gap where they could hit each other.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Monium, Would you not be concerned with the edges cutting up your clothes?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I pack mine pretty much the same as Monium, never had a problem with the edges cutting things as long as the skis are held together by the velcro straps properly.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shove em in the bag with the bindigns clipped together, stuff with clotehs/kit and anything else that won't fit into my main bag. Skis are built to take abuse, don't overthink it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I travelled back recently with 2 pairs of skis straight in to the bag and they didn't suffer any damage.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dazman, good choice of skis!!! Toofy Grin

An interesting read as i'm about to take my first pair of skis on a plane!

I've heard that pipe insulation stuff is pretty good for poles.

Kersh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As said above, velcro skis together put some tape and cardboard around pole tips to stop them poking in to cloths and then just wrap all you ski clothing in the best way you can around it all, woked for me for years.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy