Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wildschönau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody been to the above resort?

Any reviews?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check out reviews for Niederau the Wildschonau is an area with the main resort being Niederau, I am sure there are quite few reviews on this site for it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Wildschönau is a middle-sized ski area spread over a valley. Niederau is one area in the Wildschönau and, as Richiavo says, there's quite a lot about it on this site. Further up the valley is Auffach which also offers good skiing. In between are a few other smaller lifts. There are busses connecting the various areas, I believe.

See this site for more details.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been here several times staying both at Oberau & Neiderau, both are connected by the free bus service which also goes to Auffach. It is a lovely reasonably priced ski area full of very friendly people. The hotels are of good quality and facilities within the resorts are good.
The height of the area is such that sometimes there seems to be a lack of snow, however , in 15 years we have only had this problem once, maybe we were just lucky?
Neiderau has quite a few blue runs of an easy nature, some more difficult reds and a couple of quite easy blacks. Oberau only has a couple of slopes right outside the hotel Tirolerhof, one is blue the other black. A great place to learn to ski and also to sit outside the bar and keep an eye on the kids while they ski. The ski school and hire shop is only 50m away too.
We all learnt to ski here and absolutley love it here but in recent years have found that we look for a something a little more challenging.
Auffach is a resort of mostly red runs, not too difficult but probrably only a couple of days worth of skiing before you'd be back on the same runs again. This village is also a bit quieter than the other two and I don't think any tour operators go here from the uk.
hope this helps, feel free to contact me if there is anything specific you need to know,

Suzy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy