Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When to wax and tune my snowboard/skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there.... This may seem like a daft question but here goes.... Having just returned from a weeks boarding with my own board for the first time I presume it will need a service to keep it running well. Should I get it done now to protect it while in storage (as I may not go again until next season) or will the wax degrade over time? Should I just leave it and get it done before I go again?

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
had my snowboard for just over a year - used it 3 times and not waxed it yet
still seems a s fast as ever and hasn't rusted/worn over the summer
i have used Zardox not wax liquid teflon which may be a gimmick but seems to give it some storeage protection and gives a temporary wax for a day or 2
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The best thing to do is to wax your kit when you come back, stay away from fluoronated waxes tho as these will dry out your base and block the pores. Oh and dont scrape the wax of till next time you go.

We would recommend http://www.jibtuning.co.uk/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=bluebird

Its eco friendly so you wont be breathing in those nasty cancerous chemicals and nourishes the base. Not only that but its super fast all mountain wax, smells sweet and just found out that Travis Rice insists that this is waxed into all his lib tech boards!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Start riding with a properly waxed board and you'll soon feel the difference when the it needs re-waxing, especially on the run out flat sections.

About every 3 days of busy riding and myn needs re-doing. Doesnt take long with a beer or glass of wine in hand.

That said you'll find folks who never wax and claim it's fine...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On very warm wet spring snow days I find after 2 days my board is getting sticky, but a swift wipe of the Zardoz Notwax as soggy mentions will keep you going for a third day.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I like to sharpen and then wax, scrape and brush my skis the night before I go skiing. That way I have a better chance of using the right temperature wax.
Sometimes though I get lazy and go two days without re-waxing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a new pair of Scott Neo's when i went out to Tignes 8th Jan. The bases are now scored, i would not say badly but they have plenty of score marks on the bases. When is a good time to get the bases cleaned up (is it ground)?
Iam out again 19th Feb and thought i would do them at the end of the 2nd week. Or is it unless they are badly scored you just leave them and wax the bases?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jerby, I would suggest putting a good thick layer of wax on and leaving it there until you are going to ski again. I would not bother about scoring. It will make little or no difference to your ski experience and the thick layer of wax will keep the damp out of your core. Just scrape the wax down to a nice smooth surface before you ski again, though many reckon that the first couple of runs will do that for you.

The only time I reach for the Ptex is for a definite hole that needs filling. Scratches mean very little.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that. They are surface scores but didnt know at what stage folks grind the bases.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy