Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK this year done, sadly. (well, maybe a few trips up north) So I need to book next year to get over the blues.

Always wanted to go to Saalbach or Hinterglemm, so whilst I would take the family back to Kappl in a second, I don't want to go 3 years on the trot. Was very pleasantly surprised about how good our gasthof in Kappl was this year and want something similar in Saalbach/Hinterglemm.

The remit is 1) very close to lifts or piste (ie under a 200m) 2) good food and 3) decent prices. Not bothered about wellness facilities. As an example we stayed right beside piste, had a great family room and excellent food for €1050 for 2 adults and 2 kids this year in Kappl (d, b & b)

Do not want self catering or b&b. Do independent so not bothered about package deals. 2 adults 3 kids (14 11 and 8 by next year)

Any recommendations?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We stayed a couple of years ago at the Eva Hotel in Saalbach. It was a 5 mins fron the ski lift and the food was excellent.

The owner was very friendly and was always enquiring if there was anything he could do for us.

Would definitely recommend.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A small group of us managed to get a great deal from the Berger's Sport Hotel in Saalbach last year. Good location, good food, couldn't fault the place. Overall very good value for money.

We all said we'd stay there again, so I'd definitely recommend the place.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
www.pensionenzian.com
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boabski, Incidentally, don't miss out on the Friday night Magic Show at Hotel Peter - it may be the highlight of your kids' holiday! (www.hotel-peter.at)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd love to stay at Hotel Peter, the guy's lovely...if a little bit potty!!

Keep your door locked if you stay here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3249235&l=9c32d07dd6&id=631312518
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chrisdavis, You'd also like the Pension Willibald, just down the road from us! As for Peter, Benny Hill lives! So does Tommy Cooper - not sure which he reminds me of the most. He confided in us recently that he accidentally chopped the end of his finger off with his "magic" guillotine earlier this year - got his timing wrong during a magic show and had to have it sewn back on. He pretended it was all part of the act and the guests applauded! He's just spent 750,000 euros on having his hotel renovated, so it isn't at all a bad place to stay. It seems to fit the remit and will be cheaper than the 4* hotels mentioned, since it lacks a pool and is therefore 3*. If a pool is desired, it should possible to visit one of the other hotels as and when.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks folks. Will look into some of these but I think I'll need to pass on the hotels as they look too pricey. I'm potentially looking at going 31st Dec, so can't get a last minute deal for 5 of us.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Pension Willibald

great name. Our kids could not stop laughing when we pulled up beside a Willibald coach at Hull a few years back (also from Austria), made even better by the fact all the oldies inside were waving to us cause we had a few Austrian stickers on our roof box
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tatman's Tours wrote:
www.pensionenzian.com

Agree Smile

Stayed there last year and this year in Jan. Have a look on the reviews on the trip adviser. Pension enzian is the spot.

We paid 990 Euro for a double room with half board.

And they've got some nice family rooms but don't know how much.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah... I'd second the Enzian too. We stayed there last year and it was fabulous. The food was gorgeous (and lots of it so it was just a light lunch on the mountain) and Kevin and Sarah were great hosts. They also did a couple of days ski guiding with us which was much appreciated.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy