Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broke my board boot - is there a cheap way to fix this?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone Smile

I bought a pair of JP Forum Walker snowboard boots second hand and whilst trying them on a couple of days ago, I managed to snap the plastic thingy that holds the laces tight.

As a result, the boot now becomes loose about a dozen footsteps after you finish lacing and fastening everything up.

The damage, although not immense can be seen from the pictures...

Anybody know what my options are? I don't want to buy new boots as I'm a skier mostly and have only been on a board once.

Can this little part be purchased separately? If so, what is it called? If it cannot, what can I do to make the boot useable?

Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After some Googling, the part is the inner boot plastic lace lock, so gotta have to find one somewhere! Doh! Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you considered just tying the laces?

Those little plastic jobbies are available all over the place, no drama getting another one. I don't, however, know what they are called.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Madmax, it's called a 'cord lock' you will have no trouble finding a replacement, haberdashery shop (if you can find one!), google, ebay. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks a lot guys! I will just get a set of these, cheap as chips! Smile

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-BLACK-ACETAL-ELLIPSE-CORD-LOCKS-SPRING-TOGGLES-/360333444681?pt=UK_Crafts_Sewing_Supplies_MJ&hash=item53e58c0649

Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh, update, I found a GEARTOOTH CORD LOCK here:

http://www.acesupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cord_controls.html

(Half way down the page)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks I'm gonna have to buy at least £12 worth of stock as they don't sell small quantities, doh!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Madmax, pm me your address, i have soemthing that i am sure will fit
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Madmax, pm ME your address, I have something that I am sure will fit - better NehNeh
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, but last time you said someone could have something you used it for a demo NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Damn you Madmax, I clicked on this thread thinking was going to learn something about ski boots. Pah.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PM sent! Smile Thanks in advance.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Madmax, Sorry mate, was just a joke, winding up CEM. I do have the part but will keep them for our clients ( repairs to purchased boots), you should have no problems finding what you need.

CEM,

Wasn't going to wait around for months to sort these things out, the boot was worth a fair bit in spares and as it turns out the shell is a wee bit large for even the chubbiest foot.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, i know i know, just good to get a jab in occasionally, got him sorted in a lange 98mm shell from a couple of years back, they were sent as there was a need to a lange liner but the shell was not needed so that and an atomic liner all sorted..... mind you i never did see or hear anything from him after the event rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM, Thought as much, freeriders? freeloaders??????? Was the impression I was getting.
latest report
Ah, ok.

I did find a place that stocks the part as posted above, but they have a minimum order of £12+VAT+delivery so about £20!
latest report
Madmax, suggest take them to a stockist, who will probably have ordered bucket loads of them and will be able to fix it for you.
snow report
Madmax, Please fix the title. (default search uses thread title so won't help anyone looking with the same problem)
ski holidays
Pop down to your local market, there will be an old lady who will help you out.o
ski holidays
Zero-G, me too. Sad

.Ro, fixed it Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy