Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lockers in Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Hi - am staying in Serre at the Best Western hotel for a week at the end of feb/early march. Have a couple of questions:
1. Is the hotel far enough from the main chair lifts that using ski lockers nearer the lifts would save time/energy in the mornings/evenings?
2. If so, can someone recommend decent heated ski lockers that I can hire near the main lift?
3. Oh, and if they are attached to a decent hire place that can be recommended, that would be appreciated too.
ta muchly.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its not that far from the hotel to the lifts, I'm not aware of there being any ski lockers at the lifts, but if you hire you should be able to store at the hire shop, alas I don't know any hire places in Chantermerle.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We hired skis from a shop in the Centre Commercial le Serre d'Aigle (or so it is called according to this map:

http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/default.cfm/loaddoc.2317 )

I can't remember the name of the shop but they let us leave our hired skis and own boots there. I don't think they were in lockers though or that there were boot warmers. I don't remember the lack of heating being a problem as it was not a cold locker room but a warm(ish) shop, and no-one walked off with our boots. I guess I would remember more clearly if there were lockers if they had...

I don't know about hired lockers I'm afraid. The shop didn't charge us so we didn't look any further.

The shop was at the end of the building nearest the piste, so you just walked down some steps to the lifts and I think it was recommended by a local snowHead, snowangel.

Sorry I can't remember the name of the shop. I can try looking through old emails if it sounds any use to you but will have to do that later.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ginjaninja, the hotel looks like its a 10 minute walk to the lifts - over the main road (actually there's a tunnel) and down into the centre of Chantemerle.

Twinner Sport (in the centre "square") hires out lockers for boots/skis at the foot of the Luc Alphand. Where the 6 man chair lifts up to Serre Ratier.

Having used them in the past, I don't recall any issues about cold/damp boots in the morning. Unless things have changed, the lockers are combination locks. This was a few years ago (about 6). When I was in SC last year, having skied down the LA, the set-up looked pretty similar to when I stayed there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ginjaninja, Melquiond sports also have lockers at the foot of the pistes. If you hire equipment from there it is free of charge but you can leave your own stuff there for a fee. The room was warm, I think there were boot warming racks too, and someone in attendance.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for this - love it when I google something and end up back here with just the answer I was looking for Happy

Conscious this is now an 8yr old thread. Do both these places still let you use lockers for hired stuff and leave stuff for a few?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NickyJ, lockers are still there, I assume the arrangements are the same.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gonna boot this thread back into life (again)... Staying in SC next Feb and looking for lockers around the Telecabine La Grotte? Needs to be around here as this is the ski school location...

Thx in advance folks Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@AlpineAddict, the TC at La Grotte is Aravet. There are a couple of ski shops there, and I know Riquet have lockers for their clients, it might be possible to pay for one for your own equipment though. We've done that at other places, but usually when we have also rented equipment for kids.
I don't recall any at the base of the lifts, but I don't use it that often.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh and Ski Connections have them too. https://www.serre-chevalier.com/fr/ski-connections-aravet-fp2578
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hells Bells, Thx for these... Looked at Ski connections but couldn't see anywhere on your link that says they have lockers...? Or do you just know this? Also looked on their website and doesn't mention hiring lockers...?

Thx Helen... Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hells Bells, OT a. little but is there much parking (close by) the Aravet lift? Thx again
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@AlpineAddict, car park for Aravet is across the main road. There's a very small car park at the bottom of the lifts, but it is likely to be restricted in peak season. Where are you based? There are free village buses , although the main ski bus along the valley does charge 2€ per trip.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We are up in Pananches

No.2 on the map
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@AlpineAddict, there is a village bus service goes up there. It will get you as close to the lifts as a car will.
latest report
@Hells Bells, Yes, I've seen the bus is right outside and only 6 mins as well, which is awesome, however, we have to 2 x families with children and a World of kit as the kids all do half day skiing (lessons) and then half day snowboarding... So you can imagine, dragging all that on the bus each day would not be an option... SO it's either find some lockers at the lift or drive down...

Thx again Helen
snow conditions
@AlpineAddict, if it is half-term, I would be going for the lockers and getting the bus. The parking is likely to be pretty rammed.
ski holidays
@AlpineAddict, ski connections have another shop at the Aravet with lockers
ski holidays
@AlpineAddict, ski connections have another shop at the Aravet with lockers.

However, Full Season Caveat, you might be best to book and confirm on advance !
ski holidays
@Weathercam, Thx dude
ski holidays
Hi we are staying in Chantmerle in March, I've read about ski lockers by the lifts somewhere on Snowheads but can't find the post, any tips?
snow report
Skiset in chantemerle right by the bubble rent heated lockers as do inter sport next door although we always just use the storage/consigne in the skiset shop - you get your own numbered spot for boots and skis and boot room is heated.
snow conditions
@Arwenny, I think this is probably the post you were looking for. For information for others, there is also a ski consigne with changing facilities and shower at the foot of the pistes in Monetier-les-Bains.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy