Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glen Plake to quit skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Well, maybe not, but it appears he's taken to riding mountain bikes: he's pictured here with Hans "No Way" Rey, a man whose history of MTB riding is as seminal as Plake's skiing career...

http://yfrog.com/hskppej

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 25-01-11 12:41; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hans is a legend... he's done some crazy biking in his time. The cliffs of Moher on the west coast of ireland will always stick in my mind as something outstandingly crazy at the time.

As for Plake... nutter Very Happy

I watched Blizzard of Ahhhs last week and it was great. Sure, there were other people skiing just as crazy stuff back then, but he brought it to the masses. What a character!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Funny this year was the Tour de France in Avoriaz/Les Gets. Police chasing him down the road infront of the leaders while he wheelied down the high street. legend.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I hear he lives in CHamonix now, is that right?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, yes pretty much, just sorting out all his residency and tax stuff, he'll be running for mayor soon.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aah, so that probably was Plake that a friend of mine saw in Chamonix a couple of weeks ago! He said he'd spotted a guy who looked like Glen Plake, but wasn't totally sure...will tell him to get an autograph next time Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shoogly, Sadly that ledge collapsed late last year!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoogly wrote:
Hans is a legend... he's done some crazy biking in his time. The cliffs of Moher on the west coast of ireland will always stick in my mind as something outstandingly crazy at the time.

I've taken a bike there. But not like that!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fattes13, shame. I've stood on it and it was a very impressive place to take in a view from!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
laundryman wrote:
shoogly wrote:

I've taken a bike there. But not like that!

i've surfed at the bottom of there Cool
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rogg, my dad's flown in a jet at the cliffs, pulling up at the last minute. Shocked
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's a better photo of that with Peaty too. It's plastered everywhere. Great piece of riding and no lifejacket either Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
laundryman wrote:
rogg, my dad's flown in a jet at the cliffs, pulling up at the last minute. Shocked

wow... what a coincidence! so's my grandad.

he did it in a Wellington bomber during the war as part of a training exercise... 'cept he was phoning his mum and doing a #1 at the same time as well!!!

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
shoogly, my dad was in a VC-10: flight engineer in a BOAC crew accepting the planes, flying out of Shannon. Not a flight you'd have wanted to be a passenger on, I think!
snow conditions
To reassure yourself that Glen is still and skier and a punk, you might want to pick up a copy of The Altus magazine, published in Chamonix (unfortuantely no web address), as Glen is one of this seasons featured interviewees.

He's still dining out on 'The Blizzard of Aahh's' and busy avoiding California police. So MTB is just a super pastime perhaps.

Cool photo shoogly, Very Happy
snow conditions
Not only still skiing, but still bigging up the mono -
http://youtube.com/v/Tn1EqlhFj4c
snow report
http://vimeo.com/19821123
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy