Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cube Nassfeld in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone been to this resort and stayed at the Cube? Any good for a group of skier/boarding lads for a week (all of high standard, so off piste a must too)?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hiya, if you do a search for Nassfeld, I went there with a group a couple of years ago and I wrote up a big report with photos.

We really liked it, and I would say if you're going to stay anywhere, The Cube is probably your best bet. The resort centre (such as it is) is very small with not much in the way of nightlife but we really enjoyed the skiing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Look at this link if you want to see a few photos (From German forum).

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=37378
Google translated:
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alpinforum.com%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D46%26t%3D37378

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=33839&hilit=nassfeld

Seems to be getting very good reviews so it is on my radar maybe for next year. There is one unavoidable drag lift though.
Maybe not an issue if you are all advanced boarders. Hope they will upgrade it two years.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiing is good for begginers and intermediates. Not much for Advanced, but enough for a weeks worth of skiing, we had an instructor and she took us to some nice off piste, (nothing too hardcore however).

As mentioned, the town is very, very quiet but the cube is a very modern and unique hotel, with a nightclub downstairsi It does opitimise "purpose built" however.

If you wanted to treat it as a lads holiday, as in a lot of apres in the evening, there are much better options than Nassfeld.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. Will tell the team and see what they think Shock)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nassfeld is my "home" ski place, even though I live across the border in different country. Laughing I'm spending whole lot of time on ski places all over Europe, where skiing World cup makes its stop, yet I still like Nassfeld the best for skiing. There's enough of various terrains (around 150km of tracks) with all new lifts, so personally I have really nothing to complain about. I agree there's almost no real off piste skiing, but for on piste skiing, you can hardly find better place. I definitely don't agree with "good for beginners, not much for advanced" thing. After 20 years of racing, I don't really consider myself as beginner, but I still find Nassfeld more then good enough even for my skiing. Of course I'm talking about on piste skiing. And what I like most, there's no people on hill in January, so I can enjoy all day long on my >27m GS skis at high speed, which is normally not the case on more popular places Laughing
I have no idea about Cube, since if I come there for week, we normally get apartment up on hill. "City" of Tropolach where Cube is located, is not city but small village, where nothing is happening. So you can pretty much forget wild apres ski parties and similar things, unless there's something inside of Cube. Even Hermagor, which is some 10km away, is not really big, and there's nothing much happening there either. So if you are looking for something else next to skiing, then this will most likely not work for you. But if you are there just for skiing, it's something I can easily recommend.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy