Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit Bindings -Failure - Heads up.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_139925402735319&notif_t=group_activity

I don't know what to say or do, I need a bit more time to read through these articles, so no panic.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Now, I have serious and well-founded doubts that the Dynafit binding system, FT 12 or others, can safely handle the additional torsion and power created by the modern Freeride Boot/Fat Ski combo when skied aggressively in mixed conditions and terrain.

colin is a la grave local and some of the stuff those guys get up to would be capable of breaking most bindings on the market.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plenty of coverage on this on TGR
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have had no problems.

Whilst the binding should not have failed, even under such extreme conditions, it was perhaps not the best choice of binding for such a large, heavy, aggressive skier skiing in that manner.
I'm not a fan, but if there ever was a perfect client for Markers ...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
> Plenty of coverage on this on TGR

Yes I read that

Quote:

WRONG FORUM **** **** I'M ******* TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT ******** BROKEN DYNAFITS SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY DOUCHEBAG YOU'RE A ****ING IDIOT. WE GET IT. NOW **** OFF.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Couple of points.

1) Its a fact of life that things sometimes break.
2) In manufacturing it well known there is no such thing as 0.0% defects
3) 1 single failure does not statistically mean poor reliability (you need a bigger sample).
4) skiing dynafit with your toes locked out would invalidity the warranty.

It is certainly a failure worth being aware of... As the consequences *could* be bad.
But I dont think it makes Dyanfit any more / less reliable than Fritschi or even Marker.

As ever light weight touring gear needs to be treated with a little respect ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for Haggis Trap's comments
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
....... and I swore this year I would go dynafit. Has this happened a lot or is it a storm in a teacup?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The fact that it's made "front page news" as it were shows that it's not a regular occurence - you only have to do a lot or touring to see who uses them!

Ok I'm a wee bit biased............this is from my blog of a couple of years ago............ http://www.gavinbaylis.com/ski/

Didn't mention it in the "blog" yesterday, but there was a "plan" for today, but it didn't look like it was going to materialise, however circa 20:00 phones rang, and 10 hrs later I'd be getting up to drive down to the Queyras region, some 80 mins drive.

I was heading down to ski with Mr Dynafit, a long story, but I met him up in Lyngen (Northern Norway) a few years ago, and we've stayed in contact ever since. Fritz is the techincal guru of Dynafit, it was his father and Fritz who invented the Dynafit binding.

It was a long arduous drive through some of the most dramatic scenery, old villages and gnarly roads I've ever driven on in the mountains.

I eventually found their Gite by 07:30 and said hello to Fritz's team, all good friends who had been ski touring together for quite a while, I was a bit concerned when I saw crampons being tried out on boots as I did not have any, but Fritz said our route today did not involve climbing.

I was also nervous as to would my skiing be up to their standard, or should I therefore board as I'm better on the board descending, but a boarder can hold skiers up and again I did not want to be the damn English boarder, so I opted for skis and thought well at least I can climb well, so I thought!

We left from Le Roux just up from Abries, heading for Bric Froid at 3302m

Fritz mentioned to me that his father was with us, a spritely 74 year old, also in the group were two 65 year olds, so quite a mature group..........as we started off every one went at their own pace, spreading the group out quite quickly. I'm used to touring in quite tight groups, resting every 400ms or so, and at least one long 15min tea break, this was not the case so I was a wee bit confused about the etiquette. What happend to the guy who reaches the summit first, does he freeze his butt off waiting for everyone?

After a couple of hours I started to get worrying signs of cramps in my thighs on every kick turn, basically I was getting dehydrated and bonking (same old story), by this time I was with my soul mate Paulo (65), Maria circa 60 odd was already way ahead.

Paulo was suffering and I sort of jumped at his suggestion of stopping and going down, think we'd done 1,300ms and were 200ms shy of the summit, as I did not want to go into spasms up there.

Just as we were getting ready to go down, Fritz's father Manfred came by on his way up to the summit!

Snow was not brilliant up top and it started to cloud over so the soft snow started to freeze really quickly, but lower down it warmed up and I actually skied it quite well for a change, was it the snow or me getting better.

Once back in the village, took the boots off and went into violent spasms with my left calf looking and feeling as if a cricket ball had been embedded in my lower leg, damn painful, and I was quite worried about how I could drive back.

In the ensuing hour and a half as we waited for the others I managed to loosen it up by stretching and applying ice, not too sure about how it will be for tomorrow.

So all credit to team family Dynafit and friends, just goes to show that there's hope for us all to carry on enjoying the mountains.

Mr Dynafit (Senior)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DB wrote:
....... and I swore this year I would go dynafit. Has this happened a lot or is it a storm in a teacup?

S4it happens, yes one broke. If you are driving them with "130" flex boots on skis with 128mm waste, with the other loons around la Grave at Mach Insane, something has to give eventually.

I've seen much worse part explosions with Fritschis, Naxos and in fact Dukes so don't worry about it. It's a great FYI and I will think to check my toe pieces from time-to-time. It certainly won't stop me from skiing them, in fact each season I ski them harder and harder, last year I hit a 20' drop with no problems.

Don't throw the baby put with the wax shavings...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor,

Yes appears to be the carbon bridge on the FT model causing problems so will go for the ST as don't need a 12 din.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ummm - does one single failure, reported on many web sites = problems ?
In my opinion no.
Though its a good heads up for people that want to put dyanfit on 128mm skis and charge hardpack in no fall zones.

There is plenty pictures of various broken stuff on the TGR tech talk forum.
Putting things in perspective - the SAC (swiss alpine club) even stock Fritschi spares!?

http://www.fritschi.ch/index.php?page=617
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy