Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SOLD OUT** snowHeads 2012 Calendars **SOLD OUT

Poster: A snowHead
This year we're aiming to get the photos for next years calendar all uploaded and sorted before most of you go into hibernation for the summer Toofy Grin
So - sort through your winter snaps that you've taken so far and get uploading to the snowMedia Zone here! For the rest of the season, keep in mind that this particular snap may just turn into a highly desirable masterpiece to be used for the snowHeads 2012 Calendar!

As always, please restrict yourself to a maximum of 3 photos, and remember - they must all have been taken in the 2010/2011 season.

All photos must be uploaded and ratings made before midday Thursday 20th October 2011. This will give people the chance to see them and vote!

If you’ve already uploaded photos that you’d like considered for inclusion, you can use the ‘edit’ function to copy them across to the Vintage 2011 collection. Please remember to submit only pictures to which you own copyright or, if not, have written permission of the copyright owner for publication.

Just a reminder (to avoid confusion) - As with previous year's photos, the final choice will be guided by the ratings as opposed to defined by them as we need to match the images to their applications and need to ensure some balance and variation throughout the set.

Best of luck!

***SOLD OUT***

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 16-12-11 19:55; edited 5 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michelle, just in case they fall into the wrong hands, i would prefer if my pic (at least) wasn't made available as wallpaper size. I know you wouldn't anyway, but i'm just trying to make sure expertsfromindia knows this Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, I was about to PM you and ask what you meant by this, then I saw this and put two and two together Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thought I'd check and see what people thought of the entries so far this year.... but no-one has rated anything yet! Shock

C'mon peoples, check out what's there so far! If there are no ratings, we'll just have to choose what we like...

(And do please create a snowMediaZone account - if you haven't already - and rate those photos!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
TallTone, Whats more it could only go up to September (discounting waynes ski_fall) with the downloads so far Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm no photographer, but I've picked three out and I hope I've added them in the right way. Are we allowed to rate our own Madeye-Smiley Laughing How do we rate them, do we have to pick a certain number, award marks out of.....? are the instructions on how to do this bit posted anywhere?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, this is exactly the type of thing that we're after! Lots to look at and interesting to view for a whole month.
Unfortunately you can't rate your own photos, but if you look below those of others, you'll see a box rating of 1 - 10 to vote.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum, Great pics, we now have enough pics for a calendar snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
TallTone, added a couple last night, sorry for being a bit slow!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TallTone, I've lifted that photo into a picture editor and rotated it straight and then cropped it back square - I hope this will have removed the 'tilt' on it.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is my photo for the 2012 calendar taken in Arabba, Italy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One month left to get those photos uploaded folks!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do you take Chile photos?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
horizon, of course!
ski holidays
horizon, then you can rub it in for one whole month!! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Oh no... just got back from hols to find I've missed this years calendar comp... I've tried to upload a couple in case it's still open and i'll vote tonight... Sad

snow conditions
WayneC, Due to various reasons, I've not been able to get here to close the competition, so you're lucky! The closing date is now Thursday 20th October.
All entries and voting must be in by midday!
snow conditions
Hey, my pic is L2A with the clouds too Happy

http://www.scam.org.uk/SkiDec2009_Jan2010_March2010/LDAJan2010/Small/DSCF0282.JPG
snow report
peterm, Great pic. I wonder if it was taken on the the same day? Mine was taken on Sun 18 September, 2011, from Vallée Blanche towards Venosc. Why don't you crop the RH edge and submit it as a calendar entry?
ski holidays
Uploading and voting is now closed.

Many thanks to all of you that uploaded your photos, great to see some new people there too, amongst the usual bunch snowHead
ski holidays
I cant believe my photo has the best voting score. Shocked Thanks everyone who voted. snowHead
snow conditions
Hiya, are the calendars available to purchase yet?
snow conditions
skiwi girl, they're at the printers as we speak and should be ready to be bought & sent out soon after our return from the PSB. snowHead
latest report
so we can order them there calandars yet?
snow report
Oh, go on then Snoozie, why not wink
snow conditions
This year we've managed to get the calendars ready to send out at the beginning of December snowHead

They're sitting here just waiting to jump into the envelopes and be posted to the address of your choice - what an ideal way to send someone a Christmas present without having to trawl around the shops Very Happy Then there's one for your kitchen... and one for your workplace... go on, you know that you want to Laughing

This years photos are from snowHeads: boabski, Bones, Chris Brookes, Freddie Paellahead, Jehu, Megamum, Mt, radar, SnowboardVicky, surfski, TallTone, Wayne & WayneC. Well done!

If you want to submit photos for the 2013 calendar, then the snow mediaZone 2012 vintage category is open here now! Please restrict yourself to a maximum of 3 photos, and they must all have been taken in the 2011/2012 season.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 8-12-11 22:39; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Michelle,
charge the people who took the pictures for the calender and then gave them to you for free so you could print them and sell them

but it's not april 1st for ages Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wayne, it's a penny for goodness sake...
snow report
Michelle, [cheeky]How many can each photographer order at a penny a time?[/cheeky] Toofy Grin
snow report
one
snow conditions
admin, That's fine, thanks! I've just placed my order - I've never had a photo on a calendar before Very Happy
ski holidays
Wayne, they don't come by magic u know. There is a cost involved in making them.
So before you demand we cut you in on the profits derived of your artistry, you might like to note that each year the calendars, on balance, cost me money.
snow conditions
Wow! That was a rush of orders!
First lot out later this morning snowHead
snow report
I'll order mine when I get home.

I seem to be having some website issues trying to order from work. Both firefox and internet exploror give
"Template->make_filename(): Error - file addressEntry.tpl does not exist" when i click the buy button.
I'm hoping it's something to do with the firewall here at work!
ski holidays
Ignore the above - I worked it out!
latest report
Michelle wrote:
Wayne, it's a penny for goodness sake...

No, it a principle (for goodness sake wink )

admin wrote:
So before you demand we cut you in on the profits derived of your artistry

Isn't that what you're doing here ?.

No worries, I'll leave the calender, sorry don't have a spare penny at the mo. Hope they go well.
ski holidays
Michelle, Received mine in the post this morning - many thanks! snowHead
latest report
Wayne wrote:
admin wrote:
So before you demand we cut you in on the profits derived of your artistry

Isn't that what you're doing here ?.
Well no because although they cost me money ie. the profit is negative, you (you are one of the photographers?) still get yours for a penny ie. your profit is positive.

Look, it's just a bit of fun, not a competitor to Clinton Cards but as it's such an issue, I've put a penny on your snowAccount for you to use towards a calendar.
ski holidays
Wayne, surely you take the mickey? It's a bit of fun - I daresay the penny is just to kick start the PayPal mechanism so that SH's can just get the postage cost back (the envelopes and postage (large letter) must leave little change from a quid I think. Mine arrived this morning Michelle, certainly got the post sorted PDQ Very Happy It's the first time I've seen a SH calendar and I'm very happy for a penny and pound postage and am now wondering who else I might pay the full whack for to send as Xmas pressies - unfortunately I've already bought my regular local hospice ones with piccies of the local area to send to my mates in the States otherwise I'd have sent them one of these. Thanks for my virtually free calendar SH's Very Happy Cool snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy