Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Simone, Arc 2000 with Esprit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to this chalet with Esprit?

Or indeed any of the chalets in Arc 2000 with Esprit?

I can't find any reviews online, although I have found some regarding the complex as a whole (Altitude Residence)

Any comments on either would be appreciated Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hascas, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead

I stayed in Chalet Aravis with Esprit in April last year with my 6 year old in tow which I believe is within the Altitude residence ( but I'm not 100% what the respective buildings are called ). The Chalet itself was comfortable enough for 8, reasonably well furnished, good showers etc. The real bonus for us was the swimming pool which provided a welcome additional attraction when the Timberpup was tired / fed up with skiing / had excess energy to burn ( wink ) etc. The building is well located with only a very short walk to a drag lift which takes you up to the main body of Arcs 2000 and the main departure point for lifts. There is a supermarket in the building next door for essentials, and a bar within the building itself which was not intrusive in terms of noise etc. All in all, I'd recommend it.

The only minor downside was that the Snow club - apres ski club for children - was in a different building, albeit not very far away, but not really suitable for children to walk to on their own. I would assume that the Cocoa club - evening activities for children - would be at the same venue, although my boy did not make use of this.

Can I ask if you have been with Esprit before ? If so, then you probably know how great they are for skiing holidays with children, if not, I'm happy to provide more info ( you may have gathered that I'm a fan, and about to book my 4th trip with them ) or indeed any kind of search of this site that contains the term Esprit will bring you up a wealth of information.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Timberwolf.

Thanks for coming back to me and for welcoming me to Snowheads Very Happy .

Aravis is within the Altitude - just checked on Esprit website! So you have put my mind at ease.

I know its all about the skiing but I cannot abide staying in a grotty chalet and, being only a very low-level intermediate - and usually having youngest son (also 6) for company in the afternoons - means that I would like somewhere you feel you can relax rather than it needs a damn good scrub and refurb!

Kids aren't in Snow Club this year - just supervised lunches which I understand is in the same building but different chalet.

This is our 4th year with Esprit so we know the drill Very Happy . Like you, I am a fan of theirs but always like to get as many reviews of a place before booking as I can. In this case it is too late as I already booked a fab last minute deal with them today..........and then promptly panicked that I had perhaps picked a duffer Very Happy

Are there cafes and restaurants within a 6 year olds' walking distance? Or am I likely to be doing an awful lot of little person carrying rolling eyes

How about links between 2000 and 1950? It seems 1950 is far more attractive architecturally. If little one not wanting to ski, presumably there is a bus between the two resorts?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hascas, to further put your mind at ease, here a few more pointers.......

The Chalet is far from grotty - don't get me wrong, It's not exactly luxurious ( I've had the good fortune to stay in some pretty fab accommodation Cool ) but it's no duffer, for sure. It's 'on a par' with other Esprit accommodation, which from the sound of it, you're well aware of their standards. Good point about lunches - I forgot to mention - yes, lunches are in the same building - but it is quite a large building, and from Aravis, I had to go down to the lobby and go up the 'other side' of the building - but it's far from a chore. In terms of cafes and restaurants, there is a small establishment at the bottom of the drag lift mentioned above for drinks and snacks etc, but the main action is up in the main body of the resort. So if in ski gear, up the drag lift, or when the lift stops running there is an elevator on the left hand side as you stroll up the road.
If you wish to go down to 1950, which does have more in the way of bars and restaurants, and as you rightly say is much more attractive ( unfortunately the prices correlate directly to this Laughing ) they run the very pedestrian friendly lift late on into the evening so no worries there.

In terms of the skiing, Les Arcs is up there amongst the best I have been to for children looking to progress. The 2000 bowl is perfect, as are countless runs down into 1800, 1600, Vallandry and Peisey. Make sure you take your 6 year old on the Skier/Snowboard cross run accessed from the top of the Arcabulle (sp?) chair - they'll love it, and, like me, you'll probably spend most afternoons doing countless laps of it wink

Oh, and there's also a sauna next to the pool in the Altitude building.

You're going to have a great trip hascas, enjoy......... Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy