Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stripping Students

Poster: A snowHead
Kit off. Sponsor pulls out. Read on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8275740/Sponsor-pulls-out-of-Oxford-and-Cambridge-skiing-trip-after-students-strip-off-in-the-snow.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most of the comments are spot on.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Edwina Currie and raw eggs all over again...

Some of those posing naked had pasta sauce and chocolate smeared over their bodies, while a crowd of 500 students looked on.

It didn't stop there. In the challenge "smashing an egg in the most creative manner possible", the winners from St Anne's College, Oxford – whose alumni include Edwina Currie, Libby Purves and Mary Archer – excelled again.

With an egg between the buttocks of one team member, another smashed it with a wine bottle. They then ate the egg.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Edwina Currie and raw eggs all over again...

Some of those posing naked had pasta sauce and chocolate smeared over their bodies, while a crowd of 500 students looked on.

It didn't stop there. In the challenge "smashing an egg in the most creative manner possible", the winners from St Anne's College, Oxford – whose alumni include Edwina Currie, Libby Purves and Mary Archer – excelled again.

With an egg between the buttocks of one team member, another smashed it with a wine bottle. They then ate the egg.

At least they did have to drink urine!!!

Sorry , have now completed the article, retract the above statement.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, I opened this thread hoping for advice on removing wallpaper obviously the wrong forum.
Toofy Grin

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 24-01-11 13:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, The only DIY students get involved in is of a sexual nature. And that egg stunt is not all it's cracked up to be.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pssh, for a 5k holiday I'd expect alot worse. On our Valley Rally last year there was pretty much a full on orgy on the slope for a crate of beer!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quick, somebody get Boris, there's a picture with student norks all over it. I'm sure he could sponsor them for something Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do I get extra points for saying I know one of those pictured...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shock, Horror! Shocked "Newspaper outraged Shock Horror story fails to shock!" rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
James the Last wrote:
Yes you do, which one? And have you?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have you ever seen a "Carnage" night out? They'd do things you can't even imagine for 50p and a bag of grapes/ a sambucca and flashing badge!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
looks like they were just having a good old G.N.A.R. contest to me Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ricfrench wrote:
Quick, somebody get Boris, there's a picture with student norks all over it. I'm sure he could sponsor them for something Twisted Evil

There's barely enough for one decent nork . . . girlie students were a bit more . . . well, robust in my day Confused
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Telegraph and Daily Mail are using photos from 3 years ago to illustrate their rant about this!
Quote:

Do I get points too, I'm the Mummy of of one of them.
snow report
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
Pssh, for a 5k holiday I'd expect alot worse. On our Valley Rally last year there was pretty much a full on orgy on the slope for a crate of beer!

Never a truer word Cool
snow conditions
shoogly wrote:
looks like they were just having a good old G.N.A.R. contest to me Little Angel

And think the French guy in the G.N.A.R movie had it right, doesn't look like the students got kicked out of the resort!
snow report
janette wrote:

Do I get points too, I'm the Mummy of of one of them.

Well don't just leave it hanging there . . . picture needed so we can guess which one is your nubile delinquent . . . you don't have to show us yer lingerie . . . but it may help with identification . . . Little Angel

note to self . . . you have got to get out of this truck more often!
snow report
Janette, make your you collect all the pictures, while this might seem like a bit of fun now.. it wont seem so funny when thats the first item Google Offers up when someone searches on your daughters name in five years time and shes looking for a serious Job.
Dont underestimate the brutal loss of privacy thats going on out there.
ski holidays
nixmap wrote:
Janette, make your you collect all the pictures, while this might seem like a bit of fun now.. it wont seem so funny when thats the first item Google Offers up when someone searches on your daughters name in five years time and shes looking for a serious Job.
Dont underestimate the brutal loss of privacy thats going on out there.

Oh on that basis I would defintely give her the job Toofy Grin
ski holidays
shoogly, In fairness they all look like the breast skiers on the mountain to me...
ski holidays
Indeed it was three years ago; and there are other good photographs on Facebook from that trip. Digital photographs are scary.
snow report
I've always considered Oxbridge to be lightweights when they visited Tignes. The rest of the UK unis though! (But of course, being peasants their behaviour wouldn't shock the Telegraph - nor are their parents in that paper's demographic).

Worst behaved students in my experience? The French. Impressively decorated lab coats, though.

Most outrageous Valley Ralley?

Seasonnaires, of course.
latest report
nixmap has a good point. though I'm not convinced that anyone who wobbles their bits around in public for a lark can reasonably complain about "loss of privacy".

they're just dopey kids - as ever. No big drama, though why in the name of Heaven they should expect anyone to "sponsor" their pranks defeats me.
ski holidays
It so happens that Bogus junior was on the trip. He didn't tell me about this aspect of things but he did say it was unseasonably warm in VT that week. Obviously that accounts for the dress style adopted in the photo.
snow report
pam w wrote:
No big drama, though why in the name of Heaven they should expect anyone to "sponsor" their pranks defeats me.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. It's not a matter of expectation, surely.

The fact remains that the sponsor DID sponsor it.
snow report
Quote:

It's not a matter of expectation, surely.

Well, at an absolutely wild guess, the folk who run the ski club concerned put their heads together and identified a list of potential sponsors to whom they sent nicely drafted letters pointing out what a gem of a marketing opportunity this would be (and then used their success in doing so as an example of initiative when applying for jobs wink .

Just a guess, though. Maybe the sponsor took the initiative.
ski holidays
Kenzie wrote:
I've always considered Oxbridge to be lightweights when they visited Tignes

I was in Tignes last season at the same time as the Oxbridge ski trip ... and heard many similar comments at the time. Particularly from those who were selling beer in the big event marquee, who were rather dissapointed by the amount of booze bought/consumed.

They must have upped their game since last year!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was taken to the Saloon Bar in Val d'Isere couple of weeks ago. Didn't want to go there because I knew it's reputation and knew I'd double the average age, but my party insisted, the leader of which being a chalet girl. First thing the greeted us, to the immediate right of the door, was 3 naked chaps and 3 partially clothed ladies playing strip table football. They were thoroughly enjoying themselves, bless 'em, but couldn't have been more of a cliché.

We had one drink not to be rude and legged it to the Alex.

ps. Durham and Bristol unis were having their ski week at the time. Go figure.
latest report
pam w wrote:
nixmap has a good point. though I'm not convinced that anyone who wobbles their bits around in public for a lark can reasonably complain about "loss of privacy".

they're just dopey kids - as ever. No big drama, though why in the name of Heaven they should expect anyone to "sponsor" their pranks defeats me.

Maybe not now, but once they are out there you cannot delete them. In the past you could do this kind of stuff and assume it was forgotten.
One of the key changes to society in general over the next generation is the brutal loss of privacy, and how to deal with the consquences.
Everyone will be a victim to an extent, but you dont have to fuel the fire.
latest report
Quote:

Very true, and I think there have been cases already of prospective employers taking a view on something found on Facebook.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Very true, and I think there have been cases already of prospective employers taking a view on something found on Facebook.

That's their own fault for failing to work out how to use the privacy settings. See it as a sort of internet/employment natural selection.
latest report
nixmap wrote:
pam w wrote:

Maybe not now, but once they are out there you cannot delete them. In the past you could do this kind of stuff and assume it was forgotten.
One of the key changes to society in general over the next generation is the brutal loss of privacy, and how to deal with the consquences.

Nixmap are you ill? we don't normally expect well thought out postings from you and certainly not one without mention of the live in slave(s) / cherished guest(s) (delete as appropriate)
snow report
el nombre, bang on the money
snow report
nixmap wrote:
pam w wrote:

What's the problem with the photo - girls have boobs ("shock") give students booze and they'll do silly things ("shock") - there's nothing in those photos that would make me think I wouldn't employ one of the delightful young ladies - indeed they'd probably fit in better as they come across as a bit of a laugh...
latest report
BB, yes, I agree with you but not every employer has the same sense of humour.

Remember Claire Swires? And other similar internet phenomena. We wait to see what happens to the husband of "austeritymum" - otherwise knows as "Chief Spending Officer".
ski holidays
betterinblack wrote:
Nixmap are you ill? we don't normally expect well thought out postings from you and certainly not one without mention of the live in slave(s) / cherished guest(s) (delete as appropriate)

I believe my stance on privacy is already widely known, and commonly challenged in here as being [url http=http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disingenuous]disingenuous[/url]. I happen to disagree with that for similar reasons,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy