Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BMC insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BMC insurance, which has a loyal following on snowheads, has been rising in price - and there has been a change in underwriter. The BMC has responded to members' concerns.

Quote:
We've attracted inflated numbers of older people, snowboarders and people heading to North America and polar regions; claims for these categories tend to be expensive – hence the new loadings to reflect our recent claims history.

Oh well, I may be old, but at least I am not a boarder! I was an active rock climber, hill walker and scrambler, though, and plan to be hill-walking and scrambling again this year, so I was pleased to take out the BMC membership which is required to have the insurance.

I think the main reason a lot of people have gone for the BMC is that off-piste cover by other UK insurance companies is rather limited. And yes, age also comes into it (Dogtag is not available to over 65s, for example).

Any thoughts from BMC members and off-pisters?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just switched from DogTag to BMC taking out an annual couples policy Europe only - so for instance will cover me windsurfing in Europe etc in the summer months - main reason for the switch is that BMC is "bomb proof" no grey areas reading between the lines etc about off piste and the big plus in that you can be on your own and not part of a group or with a guide..........we did notice that snowboarding cover added an extra £70 odd to the total so we ditched that - plus as we're out for 5-6 weeks in one hit it covers us for that duration where others will not.

If I were to go to Chile or somewhere I don't think I'm able to upgrade though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
worth noting you dont have to be a BMC member to get this insurance - the same insurance is available if you are an MCofS member which is the BMC equivalent in Scotland
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You would think that they might ask a few more questions to pinpoint those which are causing them the pain and then ramp up the premiums for geriatric North Pole boarders rather than everyones?

Seems as if they are going to push away their lower risk clients as well?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The annual policy criteria has changed but I still went with the BMC.

Still the best out there for 40-something off-piste worldwide skiers IMHO Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am a long time user of BMC insurance as i come from a climbing background and would always recommend them.
The claims i have and my friends have had were dealt with impeccably and well worth the money for the premium.
A friend of mine had a £30,000 claim when he sliced his leg open climbing in Guatemala and was flown back first class as he couldn't straighten his leg and with a nurse with him for the journey.
How many other companies would give that kind of service????
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've used BMC since I stopped going on holiday with my 'rents a few years ago, as they provide the best cover and pay out quickly (after my skis were stolen I had there cheque within two weeks, no fuss). Expensive, but one of few insurers with proper cover offpsite, and the level 4 Alpine also covers my kayak trips.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another who will stick with it despite rising premiums. As someone who enjoys a lot of the activities covered under the terms of the Alpine Policy this provide peace of mind - regardless of season. I have had to make one claim for a minor break whilst in the French Alps and everything was taken care of from the first phone call. Also worth bearing in mind that any profits are used by the BMC on our behalf.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Who are the underwriters behind BMC/ which insurance company?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tarry,

From their website the underwriters are:

ACE Travel Insurance
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy