Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Salopette Test !

Poster: A snowHead
I'm delighted to say that this morning i passed the salopette test - ie they fitted and were actually looer than last year ( due to 4 mths in the Gym).
I'm sure every one relates to that dreaded moment as you pack and you try them on -fingers crossed breathing in - praying they dont burst or a zip gives! - One of those love hate moment in the skiing calendar
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm, I assumed by your username that you were a guy. Appears I was wrong.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marksovereign, 4 months in a gym? You know you could have just gone to TK Maxx and picked up a pair of pants that fit for 50gbp.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Evans is a place you could try.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
el nombre wrote:
Hmm, I assumed by your username that you were a guy. Appears I was wrong.

Having previously had salopettes ''shrinking'' whilst in storage and having to buy bigger i - just thought Id see if anyone wanted to share their anguish. As years advance its harder to keep in shape. if you dont think that a blokey thing to do fair enough
Funnily enough my wife was equally as bitchy about it as you!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 24-01-11 12:18; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
parlor wrote:
marksovereign, 4 months in a gym? You know you could have just gone to TK Maxx and picked up a pair of pants that fit for 50gbp.

pure class!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
palumbex wrote:
Evans is a place you could try.

dont think they stock arcteryx
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="marksovereign"]
parlor wrote:

Doh why didnt i think of that??
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I passed my test last week.....in a pair originally bought 6 years ago...... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
marksovereign, Laughing my sister mentioned this test yesterday
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I failed the DJ trousers test at the weekend and bought a Cummerband meaning I could wear them at a wedding for 12 hours with the button undone rather than cutting off the blood supply to my lower body!

Back on the Slimming World wagon when I get back from a w'end in St Anton this weekend....

Sallies fit fine, wasn't quite as narrow when I bought those... wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I went last October and although the trousers fitted (they were largish anyway) my general lack of fitness, etc spoiled the skiing a bit for me. Exercise and diet began on return and by the time I went again in December things were a lot better. I'm hopeful that by the next trip at half term I'll be back into a pair of North Face ones I haven't been able to wear for a couple of years. Trouble is the new jacket I got is in danger of being too big.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's the resin they use in chipboard ... it gives off a vapour inside your wardrobe. If you leave your clothes in there too long, it shrinks them.

Anyway that's my theory and i'm sticking to it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sanman, Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sanman wrote:
It's the resin they use in chipboard ... it gives off a vapour inside your wardrobe. If you leave your clothes in there too long, it shrinks them.

Glad to know this is the reason I would have been unable to sit on chairlifts this year, I had no flexibility once the salopettes were zipped up. I have given in and bought a cheap larger pair.
snow report
Ok its not the vapours. Ski clothes are made of a type of material that should only be used at low temps: therefore storing garments made of these materials at temps above 4C and at near sea level for the rest of the year results in reactions taking place within the fibres that cause shrinkage of said fibres. This can be proved by returning the garments to the correct atmopheric conditions i.e. take them to the correct range of altitude and temp and then use them for say 6 days of skiing they should have returned to the correct size.
if this fails extend the time in the correct conditions to 13 days.
It does not work if you just keep them in the freezer the conditions are not correct. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy