Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel in Solden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sorting out a lads ski trip to Solden - well trying to.

I've booked flights but am having trouble finding a hotel.

Does anyone know of a decent hotel in the centre that either has twin rooms or singles?

Arrive 11/2 Dep 16/2 (fri-Wed).

Ideally we'd like Bed and breakfast only but half board seems to be the order of the day.

I don't mind paying for this anyway as we may use it 1/2 nights.

Any help appreciated as it's looking like I'll end up with egg on my face at this rate!

Cheers

Jack
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jack.

I stayed in the Hotel Alpina in the centre of Soelden last year and it was a good. A challenging walk up the slope at the end of the day, but close to the main road for shops and buses. The rooms are basic but the spa is very nice. The food was good (for half board) otherwise there are some good restaurants on the main road. I was there at the end of the season for the closing party with a coach load from Luxembourg...only glacier wasopen. This year we will be staying at the Hotel Tyrol.

http://www.tyrol-soelden.at/de/hotel-tyrol/hotel-oetztal.html

So I guess I can recommend both of these...hope that helps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you tried via the Soelden tourist website?

http://www.soelden.com/

There are hundreds of places to stay . . .

But you may find places only want to sell you Saturday to Saturday!

We're off there in early March.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forgot to say, you can do a search on the Soelden website and specify things such as B&B only, Centre, near lifts etc etc
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jumping Jack Flash, I did a boys weekend in Soelden a couple of years ago - finding accommodation for the weekend only was a 'mare - but that was for a group of 9. Do try the tourist website, you may get something there, depending on how many of you there are and how long you can hold out.

In the end we spent 2 nights in the Hotel Dominic - a nice 4* close to the gondola station (the one at the right hand side of the piste map).
Followed by 2 nights at the http://www.post-soelden.at/en in Zweiselstein.

It was a bit of a faff having to move hotel but it was a great trip none the less. A fantastic area for skiinga nd some good apres too.

Zweiselstein is a little further up the valley, a 10 min busride away (or taxi at night). It's convenient also for a day trip to Obergurgl.

Getting somewhere for the 4 nights was not possible in Soelden and we would have rather done it this way than spend all four nights in Zweiselstein.

If you do go the hotel Dominic don't leave any valuables or cash in your room, 3 of us had stuff stolen from the room on the day we checked out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Was just about to book what looked like a very basic shed when an advert popped up for The Hotel Hubertus. Rang them and got a cracking deal.

I'll never moan about pop-ups again!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very nice Hotel is the Hubertus, right on the main road approx mid way bewtween to the main lift stations at either end of the resort. Close to the new Shuttle up to the nursery slopes.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I organised a lads trip last March and stayed at Hotel Sunny which was recommended. It is a 5 min walk to the main lift main road which runs through Solden. We spent 4 nights there (85 euros pppn half board - there is a B&B option but not muh cheaper) and its a great hotel with pool, sauna etc. Rooms spotless. I dealt with a receptionist called Sven who spoke perfect English.

Most of the restaurants are within hotels so half board is best option and food here was good and varied.

We spent 4 nights there and heard one English voice that being an instructor on the mountain. Full of Dutch and Germans and loud euro pop. Skiing fantatsic. We had a great time and i'd go back but the lads want somewhere different so we've opted this year for Mayrhofen.

let me know if you need anymore - can recommend cheap private transfer
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spalding wrote:

let me know if you need anymore - can recommend cheap private transfer

That would be great. I'm just about to book a people carrier but if you know a contact, even better.

Cheers

Jack
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy