Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tamworth at capacity

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I read lots on here about the fridges getting very over crowed at the moment. Me and the mini snowheads were at Tamworth yesterday, while we were checking in people who hadn't booked in advance were been turned away as the slope was booked to capacity.
But while it was certainly busy out on the snow, quite a few lessons on and a fair amount of recreational skiers it wasn't a problem, plenty of space to do what you wanted, a little busy getting off the slope but only took a few seconds more than quiet times and no queues at all to get on the travellator, just a steady stream of people shuffling forwards at normal speed.
We didn't go on till the last hour of the afternoon session and the slope was still in good condition, its usual hard piste state. In fact I'd say it was about as least icy as I've ever seen it, still a good covering of the artificial snow everywhere. The usual amount of snowboarders sitting down in daft places made as good a slalom course as ever and their nest at the top of the drag lift seemed to have expanded to cover about half the slope but still plenty of room on the inside of the bend (the steeper, more interesting bit!) for the volume of people starting from the top. It did get a busy on the flat halfway down with lessons taking their first steps on the main slope but the instructors did a good job of keeping them together and leaving room between them to go though, was just a case of looking where you were going to pick a line. Bottom half of the slope a bit more crowded than the top with all the new skiers but again not so crowded to cause any problems picking a line down through them and giving them plenty of room.
Full marks to Tamworth for turning away income to make sure those who were skiing had a good time and it wasn't dangerously full.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy