Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Castle Mountain - any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Banff in a couple of weeks - lucky me Smile have the opportunity for a few days skiing after in Castle Mountain or Lake Louise - any thoughts welcome, thanks, Michael Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi highlevel01, Castle's a great little place off most peoples radar Smile The sort where the lifties thankyou for skiing there. Its very laid back but does have some fun stuff too.

Check the snow/weather reports first though as it can get very windy which if there not much fresh stuff turns to hardpack ice. If staying nearby can reccomend B+B if you need one.

Lake louise has more terrain and people , but I would think you would ski there anyway while in Banff. Personally I think I would head to Kicking Horse rather than Castle, unless this is also on your agenda.

I just hope they have the problems sorted at Sunshine for when you go, at the moment theres disputes going on with the ski patrol and parts of the mountain havent been opened as they cant provide patrols. They have been using firemen apparently as stand ins. doesnt help though if you really need assistance.

Enjoy your trip.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it is. Definitely worth a visit
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are off the Castle last weekend in Feb, but haven't yet been. The weekend we are going is a huge race and I wouldn't go then

Family day weekend is the 19th and everywhere will be busy. I would go to Panorama if your dates coincide with family weekend. LL is horredous that WE, but Panorama was fine family weekend last year. KH apparently is bad that weekend as there is only one decent way up the mountain.

I would echo Bones, just because Castle is quite a long way from Banff, go somewhere good and nearer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
highlevel01, if you are visiting Banff ski Lake Louise rather than Sunshine (if any of the 3). I guess it does depend on the snow conditions though...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We skiied at Castle for the first (and only) time last Feb on the Saturday of (US) Presidents day weekend and had a great day!

It's a brilliant ski area with some excellent steep stuff if you want it. We encountered no lift queues whatsoever and would definitely go again. We stopped off there on our arrival day en route to Fernie and I'd definitely recommend it to others.

On the way back from Fernie we skiied at Pass Powderkeg, just off the main road from Fernie. It's well worth a look for a half day and has fantastic, immaculately groomed pistes. Although there are only a couple of T-bars it's a very quiet, nice little family orientated ski area with some good steep pistes and a cosy little mountain restaurant. It's well worth a look in the novelty ski areas stakes! We squeezed in a morning there before our late afternoon flight home from Calgary.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy