Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Living costs in Val D'isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
the title pretty much sums it up. i'm doing an instructors course in val d'isere next season, i'm interested to know how much it should cost for me to live. i should start by saying that accommodation is included, and so are 5 evening and breakfast meals a week. how much should i expect to be spending on food/alcohol for the rest of the time? so far i've estimated around 1,500 pounds. i'm going to be out there for 15 weeks - is this not enough...at all?

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
are you driving down if so take supplies,the spar,s in val itself are great but v expensive so shopping down in borg is better,depends on your transport situ, re drink with 150 a week to eat and drink i hope you like tea,stick to happy hours or cut down on food,booze on the mountain is sky high,you are bound to hit the folie d at times for there i,d take a hipflask and enjoy the sights and music ,it is my fav resort so enjoy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sorry maths not great 100 per week, no food for you then, thats about 12 pints a week in price terms in bars
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i only need to buy food for 2 days a week, and drink for the rest. so i should be looking more to 200 a week?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pdx, that rather depends on how much you drink and where you get it from, doesn't it? Personally I could eat and drink all week on that sort of money and still have some left over at the end of it, but I'm not in the habit of getting trashed in the bars every night.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pdx wrote:
i'm doing an instructors course in val d'isere next season, i'm going to be out there for 15 weeks

What course runs for 15 weeks?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think I would want to take enough so I could have a social life. Sitting in a small box room drinking supermarket beer for 15 weeks would be my idea of hell.

I'd take £3k and if you bring some back that's a bonus.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its Val D'isere, Take A LOT!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward wrote:
pdx wrote:
i'm doing an instructors course in val d'isere next season, i'm going to be out there for 15 weeks

What course runs for 15 weeks?

the course actually only runs for 11 weeks, but you get a free months accommodation at the end with basecamp. this has reminded me that food is not included then.

bar shaker wrote:
I think I would want to take enough so I could have a social life. Sitting in a small box room drinking supermarket beer for 15 weeks would be my idea of hell.

I'd take £3k and if you bring some back that's a bonus.

yeah i think i'm going to need to take a lot more, especially considering food isnt provided at the end of the course.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You basically have Half Board for 5/7 nights. I would usually expect to spend £250/ week on top of H/B. I eat on the mountain and enjoy a few drinks in the evening, but am not into getting trashed.

If it were me I'd take at least £3K.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy