Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Halifax Ultimate Reward Account Travel Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know there have been MANY topics about insurance before (I've been reading them!), but this is a specific one.

I've just discovered the snowsports insurance I get with my Halifax Ultimate Reward current account is not worth the paper it's written on when it comes to equipment. Up til now I've not been too worried about my skis being damaged or nicked because they're 6 years old, and not worth much.

However I've just bought a beautiful new pair of Rossignols, and I wanted to make sure that if some scrote nicked them, or if I fell over and damaged them, I'd be covered. Well basically, no.

Look at these two clauses!

What IS NOT covered:

- any loss or theft of or damage to Your Winter Sports Equipment whilst in use

- any loss or theft of Your Winter Sports Equipment or ski pass left out of sight and out of personal control in public places where You are not in a position to prevent unauthorised interference with Your property e.g. station, airport, restaurant etc.

So from that I gather that even if they were locked, Halifax wouldn't pay out.

I've been reading some horror stories online from people who thought they'd be reimbursed but were refused.

I've now taken out annual trip insurance with snowsports cover with Virgin. Look at the difference:

We will pay up to the amount shown in the table of benefits for the following.

1 Accidentally losing, or having your skis, poles, ski boots and bindings, ski helmets, snowboards, snowboard boots and bindings or ice skates damaged or stolen.

We will not cover the following.

4 Winter sports equipment you left unattended in a public place, unless the claim is about skis, poles or snowboards, and you have taken all reasonable care to protect them by leaving them in a ski rack between 10am and 8pm.

Doesn't even say they need to be locked!

Anyway I suppose the point is, if you have snowsports cover with a bank account, check the small print, you might not be as covered as you thought.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Picadilly, absolutely. I checked with my Lloyds TSB Cover and they confirmed that they should be locked to demonstrate reasonable care.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think anyone covers you for damage whilst in use. If you trash your skis/board on a rock, tough titty!

Otherwise, I'd be well on my way to bankrupting the UK's insurance underwriters.... Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well the Virgin policy appears to...

I've never damaged any skis beyond repair or lost them but if I did, I'd like to think they'd be covered.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just jumping on an active(ish) thread...

Is mountain rescue covered under all these 'winter sports' insurance packages?? Im trying to find some insurance which covers hire equipment, rescue etc and messing around 'off piste' within the piste area...

...Is being dragged behind a snow mobile classed as an ambulance?? If its the only way off and a normal ambulance cant get to you then this sounds reasonable to me!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy