Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott POWDAIRS .... CHECK EM OUT !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads !

Was really lucky to have made it 2 out of 2 trips this season with lots of powder ! First trip in December to Le Plagne where i took my Scott Crusairs and then last week to Flaine where i took both the Crusairs and my 183 Powdairs

The first day was spent on the Crusairs as snow conditions were very poor, crusty up top and slushy at resort level ( mixed with mud and grass .... yuck !) however days 2,3 and 4 were fantastic Powder days so a quick change of the Fritschi Freeride pro's onto the Powdairs and away we went !

The first notable difference i felt was just how much more powerfull they are compaired to the Crusair, skiing through chopped up powder on a black they rode like a super light weight Crusade ( which i had last season ) I loved they way they dealt with an aggressive ride in a "no nonsense" way. Riding off to the side a bit into some fresh i was dubious whether or not they would float up as well as my mates Shoguns with there 330 rocker tips. Scotts air series do not have rockers, as i discovered with my Crusairs in powder you just have use technique and speed to get the skis to float. The Powdairs though rose to the job so much easier, I guess the fat shoveled pro tip plus a nice 100 under foot helped. Pretty soon i realised that the ski really wants pushing hard, you know in a true freeride way. I guess the carbon top sheet contributes to the solid strong feel of the ski. I did though find them less agile on steeper moguls than my Crusairs but thats to be expected from a wider longer ski, nice thing is they are so light and still quick to turn and steer on technical sections.

They gripped well on steeper harder windblown sections of hill and proved to be extremely stable when riding over crud, something which pleasantly surprised me as they are very light !

As each glorious powder came and went i was left feeling totally smitten by these skis, the concept of hike and ride with these is mouth watering as they are just so light yet so utterly brilliant on the way down ! The difference between the two though I would say the Crusair is an awesome "all mountain dedicated touring " bit of kit capable of anything the mountain has to throw at you, the Powdair is a gallant "hike & ride" worrier that will mix it up with the best of freeride skis. Must admitt I was really proud to park them up outside the Flying Dutchman each night !

Would I reccomend them as an alternative to the Shoguns, Mantras, Crusades, Funjas etc ? ....... Hell yes !

Smile Chris
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy